Harte Research Institute Endowed Chair, Socio-EconomicsAgency
Texas A&M University - Corpus ChristiDepartment
Harte Research InstituteProposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, TexasJob Type
The Harte Research Institute for Gulf of Mexico Studies (HRI) at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi invites applications for an Endowed Chair for Socio-Economics. This position is tenure-eligible at the Associate or Full Professor rank in either the Department of Physical and Environmental Sciences or Department of Life Sciences in the College of Science and Engineering. We seek applicants with a distinguished record of research in Socio-Economics focused on addressing problems and developing solutions for issues facing our coastal and marine environments. A successful candidate will have a research program that is centered on, or relatable to the Gulf of Mexico. We are particularly interested in candidates willing to work broadly and coalesce research initiatives within a strong interdisciplinary network at both HRI and across the Gulf of Mexico, including with international collaborators in Mexico and Cuba.
Candidates should have a strong record of conducting applied research supporting policy or management recommendations in one or more of the Social, Behavioral, and/or Economic sciences. The successful applicant will be expected to work primarily in the Gulf of Mexico and develop synergistic relationships with existing programs at the Harte Research Institute across the natural science and policy science spectrum as well as with local, state and/or federal agencies, NGOs, and the private sector. Ideal candidates will have interest or experience in international collaboration in Mexico and Cuba. The successful applicant will be expected to have national and international recognized research programs, a strong record of science-driven stakeholder engagement activities, a strong extramural funding record, success in mentoring graduate students and postdoctoral scientists, and record of instruction at the graduate level.Harte Research Institute for Gulf of Mexico Studies
The Harte Research Institute for Gulf of Mexico Studies (HRI) at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is a leading coastal and marine research institute dedicated to advancing the long-term sustainable use and conservation of the world's ninth-largest body of water. Established in 2001, HRI integrates outstanding scientific research with public policy to provide international leadership in generating and disseminating knowledge about the Gulf of Mexico ecosystem and its critical role in the economies of the North American region. Organized around the unique “HRI Model,” the institute encourages interdisciplinary collaboration between its nine specialty research areas to employ a holistic approach in addressing large-scale ecosystem problems and recognizes that people and the environment are inexorably linked in discovering solutions - a vision that makes HRI unique in the community of marine science institutes.
- Ph.D. in social sciences such as Economics, Sociology, or related field.
- A record of achievement in scholarship that is commensurate with Associate or Full Professor rank.
- An established program in the field(s) of Social, Behavioral, and/or Economic Sciences with ongoing applied and basic research that is relevant to issues in the Gulf of Mexico.
- A strong publication record in peer-reviewed journals.
- Evidence of robust record of external funding.
- Strong Socio-Economic experience working on issues related to the Gulf of Mexico Ecosystem.
- A strong internationally recognized research program.
- A strong record of mentorship for graduate students and post-doctoral scholars.
- Evidence of interdisciplinary collaboration in support of decision-making, and peer-reviewed publications.
- Interest and experience working with international partners in Mexico and Cuba.
TO APPLY: http://hr.tamucc.edu/careers/
All required documentation must be submitted to be considered for the position.
A completed application will include:
1. A letter of application addressing qualifications listed.
2. A statement describing: a) research and teaching philosophies (including graduate mentorship), b) philosophy and experience on engagement aimed at solving environmental problems, and c) fit within the HRI model.
3. A curriculum vitae.
4. A complete list of research funding obtained since 2010, to include: Your Role (PI/Co-PI/Collaborator), Project Title, Funder, Award No., Start-End Dates, Total Amount ($), Your Portion ($).
5. A list of at least three professional references including name, address, title, telephone number, and email addresses.
The job posting will remain open until a finalist is selected.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Harte-Research-Institute-Endowed-Chair--Socio-Economics_R-047560-1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency