Johnson County Community College
Testing Services Specialist Department
Student Success & Strategy Position Type
Part-time Regular, Non-Exempt Number of openings
2 Work Schedule, Hours per week
Varies depending on department needs, 25 hours per week Position Grade
LVL4 Pay Range
$15.47 - 18.56 (actual pay depends on qualifications) Location
Overland Park Main Campus Job Summary
Established in 1969, Johnson County Community College is dedicated to transforming lives and strengthening communities through learning. Located in Overland Park, Kansas, JCCC has enjoyed a national reputation for educational excellence and student success for more than 50 years. That's five decades dedicated to smaller class sizes, more resources and a thriving campus culture - not to mention our competitive tuition rates and extracurricular experiences that transcend the norm.
Responsible for the accurate and secure processing, administration, and proctoring of exams entrusted to Testing and Assessment Services within a team environment which involves extensive one-on-one interaction and engagement with students, faculty, staff, and community members, while complying with applicable government, corporate, academic, and department mandates. Job Duties
Job duties include but are not limited to:
1. PROCESS AND ADMINISTER EXAMS - Responsible for the processing, administration, and security of exams, and the input of information, as well as the completion of required processes within the Testing Management System. Performance is acceptable when: a. Students are appropriately evaluated to ensure the correct exam is to be administered resulting in an efficient and effective process that assists them in reaching their academic goals, including successfully progressing through the enrollment process. b. Exam instructional information is accurately and completely obtained from the appropriate faculty ensuring that the administration of the exam follows academic directives. c. All exams are accurately and timely processed and administered; all required information as mandated by departmental policies is correctly entered into the Testing Management System securing the accuracy of the exam administration. d. Comprehensive knowledge of all facets of the Testing Management System, as well as the designated areas within the Student Record System (BANNER) are comprehended and retained, while continual training is maintained to successfully support the learning process. e. Compulsory processes within the Testing Management System are fully completed resulting in accurate testing records and reliable data that instills confidence within the College. f. All exams (including passwords) are securely handled, accurately filed, and safeguarded appropriately maintaining the exam's integrity and security.
2. PROCTOR EXAMS (IN LAB OR VIRTUALLY) - Responsible for maintaining a secure testing environment through diligent monitoring, collection and securing of testing materials, completion of required processes, and the addressing of issues. Performance is acceptable when: a. Diligent monitoring of students during their exams occurs ensuring compliance with academic directives which result in the preservation of the exam integrity. b. All required testing materials are properly collected and secured. c. Compulsory processes within the Testing Management System are fully completed resulting in accurate testing records and reliable data that instills confidence within the College. d. Issues within the open lab or virtual environment are quickly addressed and when necessary, appropriate departmental administrative personnel are notified immediately for quick resolution regarding critical issues.
3. PROCTOR ACCOMMODATED EXAMS (IN PRIVATE ROOM OR VIRTUALLY) - Responsible for proctoring exams for students with disabilitites as outlined by the approved ADA testing accommodations, while maintaining a secure, accessible, and confidential testing environment. Performance is acceptable when: a. Participation in training, related to testing accommodations for students with disabilities, is ongoing and comprehensive. b. Test administration forms are accurately reviewed to determine which testing accommodations are approved for each exam, and subsequently those accommodations are provided to the students. c. Knowledge of assistive technology used during test administrations is current and utilized when required to support the students. d. Confidentiality of student's disability and accommodation needs is maintained. e. An equitable and accessible testing environment is created and maintained for the students with a disability.
4. ENGAGE AND COMMUNICATE - Support an equitable learning environment within Testing and Assessment Services through engagement, communication, and collaboration by serving as the initial point of contact for students, faculty, and community members requiring open lab, private room, or virtual testing. Performance is acceptable when: a. An equitable learning environment is continually maintained within the department by addressing students, faculty, staff, and community members with acceptance, respect, and empathy while following mandated policies and procedures. b. Collaboration with team members is present and creates a positive, supportive work environment. c. Accurate college, division, and department information is consistently relayed to all stakeholders. d. Effective communication is directed towards all stakeholders creating overall understanding and satisfaction, establishing an effective learning environment that promotes student success.
5. MAINTAIN COMPLIANCE AND REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS - Support and abide by all policies, standards, and regulations set forth by federal/state mandates, JCCC, academic departments, external academic institutions, testing companies, and Testing and Assessment Services, as well as complete all required certification processes to keep certifications current and valid. Performance is acceptable when: a. The confidentiality of student records and information is upheld in accordance with FERPA regulations. b. Compliance with federal and state mandates is met and upheld. c. Academic directives and testing companies' regulations regarding the administration of tests are upheld, as well as the policies and procedures set forth by Testing and Assessment Services resulting in the security and integrity of exams being maintained. d. Processes mandated by testing companies and national organizations are successfully completed (including training and mastery testing) in order to maintain national certification to administer/proctor the College-supported standardized tests.
Duties and responsibilities, as required by business necessity, may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing. Scheduling, shift assignments and work location may be changed at any time, as required by business necessity. Required Qualifications
Associates degree, experience may substitute for degree.
Two years related experience in a learning environment.
Experience working with the general public required.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and critical thinking skills.
Ability to explain complex details and/or guidelines.
Experience with computers, including but not limited to personal computing, data entry, Microsoft Office, software applications, and web knowledge.
Ability to follow detailed processes and procedures.
Attention to detail and multi-task proclivity. Preferred Qualifications
Testing and/or teaching work experience with adolescents or adults.
Experience with student record databases.
Community college experience. Required application documents
Cover Letter Disclosures
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College (JCCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. JCCC provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email [email protected]
For a summary of all disclosures (Background Check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc.) refer to the links on our Careers Page
To apply, please visit: https://careers.jccc.edu/en-us/job/494732/testing-services-specialist
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency