Hoover Institution, Stanford, California, United States
The Hoover Institution at Stanford University is seeking qualified candidates for the full-time position of Recruiting Leader
for a one-year fixed term. A cover letter is preferred but not required for consideration.About Stanford University's Hoover Institution:
The Hoover Institution on War, Revolution, and Peace is a public policy research center devoted to the advanced study of economics, politics, history, and political economy—both domestic and foreign—as well as international affairs.
Founded in 1919 by Herbert Hoover before he became the thirty-first president of the United States, the Institution began as a repository of historical material gathered at the end of World War I. The library and archives have grown to be among the largest private repositories of documents on twentieth-century political and economic history. Over time the Institution expanded its mission from collecting archival material to conducting advanced research on contemporary history and economics and applying this scholarship to current public policy challenges.
With its eminent scholars and world-renowned library and archives, the Hoover Institution seeks to improve the human condition by advancing ideas that promote economic opportunity and prosperity while securing and safeguarding peace for America and all humanity.JOB PURPOSE:
Drive the staff recruiting processes at the Hoover Institution by partnering with hiring managers, fellows and the HR team in conducting candidate sourcing, job posting/advertising, diversity outreach, resume reviewing, and candidate screening and interviewing. Maintain a pace of 6 staff hires per month. Partner and support the HR contingent recruiter as needed. Be an active member of the Hoover HR team in identifying and streamlining systems and processes to gain efficiencies.CORE DUTIES:
* The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:Education & Experience:
- Partner with hiring managers and local HR staff to determine basic requirements and qualifications of positions to develop job postings, candidate profiles, and selection criteria.
- Communicate and train hiring managers on recruiting responsibilities and processes.
- Provide guidance and tools to managers throughout the search process, including how to conduct interviews and extend offers.
- Source, recruit, screen, interview, and recommend external and/or internal candidates for all levels of jobs, including support and hourly, professional and technical, and management positions.
- Cultivate pools of diverse potential candidates for future openings.
- Refer searches to external employment agencies and manage vendors, as needed.
- Ensure accurate and complete documentation is maintained concerning all phases of the recruitment process, including equal employment opportunity statistics, and is in compliance with state and federal laws, contractual obligations, and university guidelines.
- Recruit from and/or conduct job fairs, as needed.
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Certifications and Licenses: PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS*:
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Highly-developed interviewing skills.
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal employment laws applicable to the hiring of employees, including affirmative action and equal employment opportunity requirements.
- Demonstrated experience with web-based systems and recruiting sources, including the internet, social media, warm/cold calling, referrals, events, networking, publications, industry groups/associations, and job fairs.
- Proficiency with applicant tracking systems and Microsoft Office Suite and Taleo.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, use a telephone.
- Occasionally stand/walk, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds.
- Rarely writing by hand, sort/file paperwork or parts.
- Occasional travel.
- Flexible work hours including weekends and evenings.
The Hoover Institution at Stanford University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/3058022
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients as well as with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency