Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Guided by an ethic of Vincentian personalism and professionalism, DePaul compassionately upholds the dignity of all members of its diverse, multi-faith, and inclusive community. We seek to hire collaborative, open-minded, and dedicated professionals who are committed to advancing our university mission to making education accessible to all, with special attention to including underserved and underrepresented communities. Successful candidates thrive in an environment where ideas and perspectives representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds and experiences are welcome and supported. The Highlights
The Associate Director of Development, Athletics, has responsibilities for creating and nurturing mutually-beneficial relationships between DePaul and its leadership gift level donors and prospects. Key duties include: face-to-face meetings to qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward leadership gift donors; recruiting volunteers; preparing written materials; and organizing select donor cultivation events. Additionally, the Associate Director will be responsible for actively managing a small portfolio of major gift prospects. Is This You?
Your Education & Experience
Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward leadership gift prospects for Athletics, with a focus on increasing value of gift commitments from annual donors, in collaboration with the Senior Director and Advancement colleagues.
Engage DePaul athletics alumni and donors at various university and athletic department events and programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Skills & Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three to five years’ experience in development or a related field
- Demonstrated experience in volunteer management and motivation
- Experience in athletics and development-related fields preferred
- Demonstrated experience in implementing priority seating programs preferred
- Successful at building effective and collaborative working relationships with internal and external constituents
- Ability to develop long-term plans and execute those plans on an annual basis
- Enthusiasm, drive, motivational ability, willingness to take calculated risks, and competitive spirit
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of and adherence to all applicable NCAA rules, policies and procedures
- Demonstrated understanding of, and appreciation for, the mission of DePaul University
- This position requires regular evening and weekend work
- May involve progressing travel requirements (10-20%) commensurate with experience
- May require overnight and out-of-state travel for donor visits, alumni events, and professional conferences
For consideration, please include a resume and cover letter. Perks:
Required Background Check:
- Working for a stable and well-known University that values diversity and inclusion.
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Generous paid time off, sick time, holidays, floating holidays, and more!
- Matching retirement plan up to 10%.
- Tuition waivers for employees and dependents!
- Full-Time Benefits
- Part-Time Benefits
Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a background check. Only final candidates who are extended an offer of employment will undergo a background check. Required COVID-19 Vaccination:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent upon receiving all recommended doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, including the booster, or having a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. To request a religious or medical exemption, please email [email protected] Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect:
Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more information, please visit the following pages: Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS) Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act Title IX Contact Information
Federal Title IX policy requires that all colleges and universities make known the contact information for the person responsible for coordinating its efforts to comply with Title IX responsibilities. The Title IX Office is on the Lincoln Park campus on the 3rd floor of the Student Center, 2250 N. Sheffield Avenue. The Title IX Office can be reached at 312-362-8970 or [email protected] DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer
. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.