Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Guided by an ethic of Vincentian personalism and professionalism, DePaul compassionately upholds the dignity of all members of its diverse, multi-faith, and inclusive community. We seek to hire collaborative, open-minded, and dedicated professionals who are committed to advancing our university mission to making education accessible to all, with special attention to including underserved and underrepresented communities. Successful candidates thrive in an environment where ideas and perspectives representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds and experiences are welcome and supported. The Highlights
The Housing Operations Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operations management and administration of housing areas, including, but not limited to resident services and support, student employee supervision (payroll, scheduling, and personnel support), building walkthroughs, building inspections, and management of front desk operations / access control (security). Is This You?
Recruits, hires, trains, and supervises housing operations student employees, including Area Office Assistants, Facilities Assistants, Housing Operations Graduate Assistants, Lead Desk Receptionists, and Front Desk Operations employees. Reviews all end of shift reports, responds to outstanding operations issues and summarizes findings to management daily, weekly, and monthly. Manages scheduling, payroll, and personnel management for 140-150 student employees
Manages residence hall access control and maintains front desk operations (maintains access control software, updates and enforces the prohibited guest list, follows up with residents on guest policy violations, etc.) ensuring that residence halls are accessed by residents and registered guests only. Collaborates with Residential Education and Public Safety regarding visitation violations or security issues of a serious nature.
Oversees the housing condition process and assesses any building damage charges during move-out. Manages the residence hall opening and closing processes and procedures to include: student check-in and checkout procedures, management of area key inventory, hall access, and collaboration with assignments staff on occupancy issues.
Manages student staff emergency response and response to facilities emergencies after hours (floods, power outages, fire safety, etc.). Provides after hours and holiday/weekend coverage to response to facilities emergencies and support staff in hall safety and security issues.
Along with the Associate Director of Housing Operations, coordinates summer housing processes for Housing Operations (conferences, summer groups, summer residents, early arrivals, etc.).
Coordinates the administration of quarterly housing unit Health & Safety Inspections. Maintains accurate records and reports for buildings in an assigned housing area, while following up with Residential Education staff and residents as needed regarding residence hall policy violations and safety issues.
Coordinates daily student staff building inspections in specific housing areas, personally performs regular inspections of residence halls and front desks areas, and follows-up on any outstanding work order requests.
Participates in departmental, divisional, and university meetings and training sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree required (or Master's degree seeking)
• 3-5 years of operations management, supervision, or university housing management experience required.
Other Skills & Abilities Required
- This position coordinates direct supervision of 140-160 student employees along with the other members of the Housing Operations supervision team.
- Ability to visually inspect housing facilities on a regular basis in order to report work order issues.
- Occasionally ascends and descends stairs while conducting inspections.
- Ability to make and hear calls via radio communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to organize several projects and tasks with multiple deadlines in a high-volume, changing environment.
- Ability to effectively interact with students, parents, colleagues, vendors, University staff and faculty.
- Ability to provide student-centered customer service.
- Appreciation for and commitment to multiculturalism and diversity issues.
- Must maintain confidential information.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Ability to develop and implement short-term solutions while maintaining a long-term focus.
- Ability to support and uphold department and university missions
For consideration, please include a resume and cover letter. Perks:
Required Background Check:
- Working for a stable and well-known University that values diversity and inclusion.
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Generous paid time off, sick time, holidays, floating holidays, and more!
- Matching retirement plan up to 10%.
- Tuition waivers for employees and dependents!
- Full-Time Benefits
- Part-Time Benefits
Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a background check. Only final candidates who are extended an offer of employment will undergo a background check. Required COVID-19 Vaccination:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent upon receiving all recommended doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, including the booster, or having a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. To request a religious or medical exemption, please email [email protected] Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect:
Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more information, please visit the following pages: Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS) Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act Title IX Contact Information
Federal Title IX policy requires that all colleges and universities make known the contact information for the person responsible for coordinating its efforts to comply with Title IX responsibilities. The Title IX Office is on the Lincoln Park campus on the 3rd floor of the Student Center, 2250 N. Sheffield Avenue. The Title IX Office can be reached at 312-362-8970 or [email protected] DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer
. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.