Assistant Director of Student Government Leadership
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world. Location
Statesboro Department Information
3300101 - Student Government Job Summary
Manage the operation and organization of the Student Government Association (SGA). Coordination and advising is provided to all members on the Statesboro and Armstrong campuses.Due to the Governor's approval for the Cost of Living Adjustment to Fiscal Years 2022 and 2023, final salaries at the time of hire may be impacted, but will not be lower than what is advertised. Responsibilities
Required Qualifications Educational RequirementsRequired Experience
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Interpret, monitor, and analyze information regarding operating policies and procedures
- Assist with issues that arise regarding qualifications to serve including, but not limited to grades, conduct, ethics, and duties
- Coordinate activities, programs, and services within Student Affairs, Office of Inclusive Excellence, the Office of the President, and other campus partners for the benefit of SGA for all campuses
- Interact with student organizations, campus departments, faculty/staff, external clients outside of the university
- Review the SGA Constitution and Bylaws on a recurring basis and provide advice/guidance to student leaders/officers in revisions
- Coordinate and assist in organizational processes for SGA including, but not limited to elections, annual organizational renewal, Wings points progress/accrual
- Serve as primary professional point of contact for SGA needs/issues/problems/requests
- Oversee implementation, direction, and coordination of assessment of programs within department promoting student learning and development
- Organize and assist in facilitating events that help SGA members learn their roles, grow in their learning, offer presence to prospective students and their families, and recognize their service
- Supervise graduate assistants
- Serve as the primary advisor to SGA
- Develop and implement consistent communication strategy for marketing and outreach of SGA
- Oversee all administrative functions of the department
- Develop standards of customer service and outreach for student leaders/officers
- Oversee and manage departmental social media page
- Utilize Ad Astra space reservation system for all SGA event/space use confirmations
- Travel between campuses
- Create and coordinate training of student leaders on a recurring and ongoing basis
- Primary representative of SGA during summer SOAR sessions and any University recruitment events
- Manage and solve problems as they arise, using discretion on different levels of decision-making, knowing when to involve others appropriately
- Provide direction and support to the elected leadership on budget development and expenditure protocol for improved effectiveness and efficiency
- Develop new fiscal year budget in coordination and coordinates budget presentation for the Student Activity Budget Committee or other funding sources
- Coordinate with administrative support staff the administrative processes of officer stipends, student/student organization refunds, vendor payments, and student travel
Preferred Qualifications Preferred Experience
- Three (3) or more years of related work experience
- Experience within Higher Education and working with college students and student organizations
- Experience working in an environment that interacts with multiple, diverse, and varied constituencies
$45,200 Required Documents to Attach
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities ABILITIES
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Ability to work well in a diverse and inclusive environment through commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
- Ability to cohesively bring groups together
- Optimistic and solutions minded leader
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Understanding of student governance structure
Apply Before Date
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational and human relations skills
- Outside of the box thinker
- Consensus builder
June 3, 2022 Contact Information
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by e-mail at [email protected]
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected]
. Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Legally authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the University.
Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community. Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947. Other Information
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in an office environment
- Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours to evenings and weekends
- May be required to maneuver items weighing up to 50lbs with or without reasonable accommodation
- Work in direct contact with a diverse and dynamic student population
- Occasional travel required
Position of Trust and Education Other Information
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=243093&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency