The administrative assistant performs a wide variety of administrative support functions to facilitate the efficient operation of the department including the collection of student learning data used to maintain accreditation.
Typical Job Functions
- Composes letters, correspondence, and memos
- Compiles and analyzes information from a variety of sources to prepare reports
- Utilizes word processing software to create, process, and maintain a variety of documents and administrative records
- Schedules and coordinates arrangements for meetings and conferences
- Acts as a liaison between the department and internal and external customers
- Responsible for financial record keeping including monitoring budgets and preparing financial transactions
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Willingness to learn new technologies
Additional Desired Qualifications
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Employees work indoors and are protected from weather and/or contaminants, but not, necessarily, occasional temperature changes.
The employee is regularly required to sit and often uses repetitive hand motions.
Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin sex, age or disability.
In addition, preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.