Job Title: Summer Paint Crew Team Lead
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Facilities & Services
Title of Manager/Supervisor: Maintenance Manager
Number of Employees Reporting to this Position: 10
Position Summary: Assist Facilities and Service with painting spaces on campus. Help oversee summer workers with painting of residential spaces.
General Purpose: Help facilitate summer Paint Crew and assist with Painting and Patching of residential spaces.
Remote Workdays: This is a full time on Campus position with zero remote workdays.
- Provide staff with assistance in performing duties required to meet deadlines, with assistance in developing weekly schedules
- Recommend changes in working conditions or equipment used to increase crew efficiency.
- Enforce operating procedures and work standards to ensure adequate performance and personnel safety
- Assist in the training and instruction of employees
- Inspect completed work to ensure adherence to specifications, requirements, and high University standards
- Encourage and promote teamwork
- Act as a point of contact for the Paint Crew
- Scraping paint and repainting as needed
Health & Safety: All staff has a statutory responsibility to take reasonable care of themselves, others and the environment and to prevent harm by their acts or omissions. All staff is therefore required to adhere to the University’s Health, Safety, and Environmental Policy & Procedures.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required of personnel so classified.
- Climb and descend ladders in a safe manner
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Arm and hand strength
- Attention to detail
- Physical Dexterity, Strength, and Balance
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50lbs. up a set of stairs
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- High School Diploma or GED
- Painting or similar experience is a plus but not required
Special Note: In this position you are exposed to solvents and glue products. Paint contains carcinogens and appropriate care should be taken when exposed. In addition, these products may cause irritation to the lungs, eyes or skin when used improperly. Paint should be applied in well-ventilated areas. Appropriate protection, such as goggles and gloves will be provided and should be used when necessary. Persons with contact lenses may encounter difficulty with paint fumes. It has been shown to cause irritation to the eyes of those that wear them.
Physical Demands: The physical demands characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Generally the job requires 5% sitting, 20% walking, and 75% standing
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, and talk and hear
- The employee is frequently required to reach, bend, squat/crouch, stoop, and kneel
- The employee is frequently required to climb up and down secured ladder
- The employee must frequently lift, carry, push, or move up to 50 pounds
- The employee will frequently push or pull items such as, but not limited to, carts with food items and/or equipment that can weigh up to 50 pounds total