391 Country Club Road, Wylie, Texas, 75098
We are searching for candidates that meet the required qualifications and experience and are able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Receive, inventory, secure, and proctor exams. Assist supervisor, student assistants and other clerks to ensure daily testing center functions run smoothly while helping students, faculty, staff and parents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as proctor for a variety of testing activities: Correspondence, CLEP, TSI, Assessment, Instructional and other tests, advising students on these tests. May be required to oversee and coordinate the administration, security, scheduling and follow-up documentation of all facets of Test Administration.
- Assist students in a courteous and professional manner to ease their anxiety. Conduct all test-taking activities in nondiscriminatory manner (in accordance with local laws and regulations) to ensure that all students receive equal treatment.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties and tasks according to the established practices and procedures with minimal supervision within the assigned timeframe, while maintaining a professional attitude at all times.
- Answer telephone inquiries regarding types of tests offered, hours of Testing Center operations, and fees/requirements of special test administration.
- Maintain integrity of testing room by creating an optimum atmosphere that is secure and free of distractions. Provide close student monitoring at all times during testing to ensure integrity of test.
- Assist faculty with the intake and grading of instructional tests utilizing the color-coded filing system in place. Sort and file information in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support ACCESS department by providing student tests as required by the student's appointment date and time.
- Provide clerical and computer support in the Testing Center which includes data entry, assist with sign-in procedures and policies.
- Work varied hours to include days, evenings and Saturdays and flexible to work at various campuses to cover shortages.
- Maintain professional work environment, to include the proper placement of personal items, and leaving the center organized and prepared for the next shift.
- Serve as proctor for a variety of testing activities (evenings and Saturdays) including entrance assessment testing, Developmental Education Exit exams, telecourse exams, etc. Input scores into college database when appropriate.
- Ensure fee is paid (if required), return test to testing source and complete documentation.
- Train new clerks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures, and core values.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of computers and data entry
- Knowledge of college policies, procedures, and operations
- Knowledge of prescribed testing conditions and testing security
- Knowledge of various policies for receiving and sending exams within the college and between institutions
- Knowledge of computer program used to impute testing instruction data
- Knowledge of changing policies and procedures for National, State, and Collin exams
- Customer Service and professional courtesy skills
- Verbal and written skills
- Filing skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- General office skills
- Basic office skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to articulate testing requirements
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions precisely
- Ability to maintain constant vigilance and detect any sign of scholastic dishonesty
- Ability to use various office technology and equipment
Physical Demands, Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
High School Diploma or Equivalency Certification (GED).
One (1) year of related experience.
**This position is Security Sensitive, therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.**
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job as duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. Collin College reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made by Collin College in its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required & Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or send an email to: email@example.com
Collin College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable law.