2800 E. Spring Creek Parkway, Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for candidates that meet the required qualifications and experience and are able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Support the teaching and administrative staff of the Child Development Lab School in the daily functions as a classroom assistant in Lab School and Child Care facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work along side of Teachers to assist with the daily curriculum which is developmentally appropriate and provides social, emotional, physical and cognitive learning experience for children.
- Prepare snack and lunch according to Child Development Center guidelines as instructed by the administrators.
- Assist staff and teachers with maintaining a safe, attractive and organized classroom environment by cleaning before, during, and at the end-of-the-day with wiping, putting up chairs, toys, etc.
- Follow proper safety guidelines of the department and child care facility to ensure the safety and well-being of children at all times.
- Perform laundry duties on a regular basis.
- Use positive guidance techniques when communicating with the children.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques and standards with minimal supervision within the assigned time frame.
- Work varied hours as assigned to ensure the child development center is meeting local, state or federal regulations.
- Perform general cleaning before, during and end of day to maintain a safe and clean child care environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures, and core values.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge: DAP (Developmentally Appropriate Practices) required by Texas child care licensing and by NAEYC (National Association for Education of Young Children).
- Knowledge of State regulations required Childcare facilities
- Knowledge of NAEYC (National Association for Education of Young Children) standards and criteria
- Knowledge of child development and early childhood education
- Knowledge of classroom curriculum and ability to implement lesson plans in the absence of teacher/s
- Knowledge working with a diverse population
- Knowledge of nutrition guidelines
- Knowledge of State regulations regarding prepping food and sanitation
- Physical, mental and emotional skills to care for children
- Ability to articulate and perform the standards and practices of the lab school.
- Ability to substitute for classroom teacher in absence of lab teacher.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and display a caring concern towards children, parents and co-workers.
Physical Demands, Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, climbing and balancing, plus pushing, pulling and lifting. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Frequent physical effort required.
High School Diploma or equivalent certification (GED).
Two (2) years of college or an associate degree in Early Childhood Education from a regionally credited institution preferred.
One (1) year related experience in child care setting.
Licenses and Certifications
First Aid with Rescue Breathing and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for infants and children.
**This position is Security Sensitive, therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.**
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job as duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. Collin College reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made by Collin College in its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required & Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or send an email to: email@example.com.
Collin College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable law.