Job Location: Mount St. Joseph University - Cincinnati, OH
Position Type: Part Time
Education Level: High School
Travel Percentage: None
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Admin - Clerical
The Administrative Assistant provides clerical support to the entire department through updating calendars in Outlook, creating documents to inform other departments of events, gathering and copying set up requirements for staff, updating reports and files, creating purchase orders/invoices/deposits, delivering checks to fiscal, greeting guests, assisting with group check-ins/outs, answering calls and tracking messages.
- Maintains and ensures the accuracy of 29 Outlook calendars on a daily basis, manually consolidates this information to create a master calendar of reference, produces a weekly report in Word of required duties for Auxiliary staff, plus monthly departmental reports in Excel detailing the departments responsibilities to each event. Provides daily updates regarding event changes to all departments as needed.
- Obtains all set-up requirements from other departments and outside rentals and copies information to Campus Set-Up Supervisor for completion. Keeps logbook of all set-ups, including a Master Set-Up Form binder.
- Generates and maintains appropriate records and reports to track revenue progress, creates invoices, and processes Accounts Receivables.
- Assists guests and clients via the telephone and in person, prepares signage and ferns for weddings, assists with group check-ins/outs, answers the phone, creates purchase orders, and assists with cleanliness and organization of the departmental office.
- Other duties as assigned.
Campus employees and students
Works toward a previously defined objective with little daily supervision and uses a wide range of procedures to accomplish goals, and plans, and arranges own work referring problems to supervisor.
A High school diploma requiredExperience:
Administrative support experience.A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.Skills, AttributesCustomer Service:
Exhibit excellent student/faculty/ staff customer service orientation in providing service in all responsibilities and interactions
Demonstrate creative problem-solving in handling people and situations
Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and student-parent-faculty-staff customer needs and expectations; anticipate and identify student-parent-faculty-staff customer needs
Exhibit open and inclusive language in dealing with students, faculty, staff, and guests
Collaborate well with others and help make the Student Affairs Office a cohesive group
Communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to achieve common office, division, or university goals
Willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate within the Student Affairs Office and other areas of the university as appropriate as required during high service demand times
Develop and nurture an effective, productive, and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, parents, faculty, and staff co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies while maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism
Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
Demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills and strengths in public speaking
Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights, or omissions
Check the accuracy of the information that is provided to others.
Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and functions within the department and/or position
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook, Internet, CARS, copier, fax machine
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references on our website.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please click here to review the University's Non-Discrimination Policy.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer