Southwestern University invites applications to apply for the Coordinator of Student Inclusion and Diversity position. This Coordinator will provide critical support with developing, coordinating, and facilitating programs and resources dedicated to student diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity (DIBE). By providing awareness trainings and strategizing to advance campus-wide interaction and educational opportunities, the Coordinator will contribute to an inclusive learning environment for students, student organizations (with an emphasis on cultural and identity-based organizations), and the campus community. This position will provide support and advocacy for students with historically underrepresented identities, including Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC), Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersexual, Asexual, and other sexual identities (LGBTQIA+), and Underrepresented religious groups. This is a full-time, year-round, in-person, fully benefited, exempt position.
• Oversee, support, and engage student organizations that serve underrepresented student populations, including assisting with event planning, educational, and community programming.
• Serve as advisor to student organization(s) within the Coalition of Diversity and Social Justice, as needed.
• Support and assist in maintaining mentorship program for historically underrepresented students.
• Work collaboratively with students to promote environments of belonging within the Southwestern community.
• Meet with and regularly follow up with students and staff about programs, projects, and organizational documents.
• Develop, manage, and evaluate DIBE programing, including but not limited to workshops, training, speaker series, recognition events, and diversity & inclusion certificate program.
• Collaborate with and promote programing and services of existing SU resources (including but not limited to Division of Student Life).
• Maintain current research on DIBE and prepare conference proposals and presentations.
• Oversee campus-wide communication and publicity for the office, including maintaining calendars of events and managing content on the website.
• Model inclusive leadership, uphold the University’s Core Values, and the Student Life’s Division Goals.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree and 1-2 years of experience directly related to the job functions, such as programming with individuals from diverse and traditionally underrepresented backgrounds.
• Willingness to adhere to the University’s core values.
• Demonstrate knowledge and application of DIBE topics, initiatives, and frameworks.
• Demonstrate leadership skills, including a strong work ethic.
• Commitment to promoting, supporting, and accepting cultural differences and the diversity within the campus and community.
• Demonstrate professional manner with all internal and external constituents.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong critical thinking skills, sound decision making, and objectivity.
• Ability to be flexible, adjust to fluctuating priorities, and produce reliable work products.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft
• Ability to analyze data, communicate findings, and impact effectively
• Outstanding ability to relate to traditional college-aged students.
• General knowledge regarding student development theory and practices.
Position Preferred Requirements:
• Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in a directly related area of specialization and two years of experience directly related to the job functions such as programming with individuals from diverse and traditionally underrepresented backgrounds.
Southwestern University offers competitive salary and benefits including health, dental, life, long term disability, retirement, 15-paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, tuition assistance, access to athletic facilities, free parking and discounted meal rates. Southwestern University is a selective, undergraduate institution committed to a broad-based liberal arts, sciences, and fine arts education. Southwestern University is deeply committed to fostering a diverse educational environment and especially encourages applications from members of groups traditionally under-represented in academia. For information concerning the University, visit our Web site at www.southwestern.edu.
To apply: The University will only accept application materials through Interfolio at apply.interfolio.com/104217. Interested persons must submit a letter of interest, resume, the names and contact information of three professional references, and salary expectations. Email and paper applications will not be accepted. Only completed applications will be reviewed by the Search Committee. The Committee will review all completed applications until the position is filled. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of the University’s Background Check Policy process. EOE/M/F