WIC Customer Service Support
The SDSU Research Foundation Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Program is the largest WIC agency in San Diego County, with approximately 80 employees providing a variety of nutrition services to over 26,000 participants monthly. The WIC program is a safety net program that aims to safeguard the health of low-income women, infants, and children up to age 5 who are at nutrition risk by providing nutritious foods to supplement diets, information on healthy eating, and referrals to health care for residents of San Diego County.
Under the direction of the Area Supervisor and Registered Dietitian Supervisor, the WIC Nutrition Services Assistant is responsible for providing a variety of clerical duties in support of WIC program operations; provides customer service to program participants and applicants; educating participants on non-nutrition issues such as program orientation, including the use of food benefits and determines eligibility of WIC participants. This position travels to other WIC Offices in the San Diego region as needed. This position may include training for eligibility to become a certified California WIC Nutrition Assistant (WNA).
The WIC Nutrition Services Assistant is responsible for but not limited to:Customer Support 50%
Responsible for checking-in participants by determining eligibility, gathering applicant information, verifying income,
calculating eligibility for program services, accurately issues food benefits, coordinates and provides service referrals as necessary, obtains participant anthropometric measurements and screens for blood work. May issue breast pumps under the guidance of professional staff.Group Education and Orientation 25%
Provides orientation information regarding benefit usage to new participants; Leads group education (non-nutrition) to
participants on topics such as program orientation and the use of WIC food benefits. Participates in community outreach efforts in local areas.Clerical Support 20%
Schedules and coordinates WIC appointments; processes and maintains program records, files and documentation;
copies, faxes and scans documents; updates and maintains client records; performs WIC WISE data entry and generates reports; maintains inventory control of forms and supplies.Other Duties and Responsibilities as Assigned 5%
Participates in staff meetings and trainings as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One-year of previous WIC experience or Social Services Experience
- Experience leading group discussions
Preferred Education and Special Skills
ADDITIONAL APPLICANT INFORMATION:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish or English and Arabic depending on location
This position is open until filled with the first review of candidates on April 13, 2022
To apply, visit https://careers-sdsurf.icims.com/jobs/13454/wic-customer-service-support/job?in_iframe=1
- Candidate must reside in California and able to report to worksite when needed.
- This position is located in Escondido WIC Office 1131 E Washington Ave, Escondido, California 92025.
- The COVID-19 vaccine is required by the CSU for all SDSU Research Foundation employees as a condition of employment. Should you be offered a position, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination status. Individuals who obtain an approved medical or religious exemption on file will be required to complete regular COVID-19 testing
- A background check (including a criminal records check) and Livescan (fingerprint) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with SDSU Research Foundation/WIC
- San Diego State University Research Foundation is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency