: Alliance for Lifelong LearningLocations:
: Des Plaines / Skokie, ILPosted:
: May 4, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Part Time StaffPosition ID:
About Oakton Community College :
For over 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Seeking a passionate and dedicated educator with strong technology skills to teach Adult Education in-person classes that prepare students to pass their High School Equivalency exams (GED/HiSet) and transition to college and/or career. Design and implement educational activities using a variety of teaching strategies to help students achieve their goals. Instructors are responsible for providing a classroom environment that is equitable and inclusive as well as implements instruction that considers a variety of learning styles, facilitates active learning, and offers strategies for successfully passing standardized exams.
Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to working with populations that often fall within the opportunity gap, thus requiring more intentional and comprehensive support. Work with the Program Manager and Transitions Coordinators to meet the needs of students.
- Bachelor's Degree in education, mathematics, or related field (Master's preferred)
- At least 1 year of experience teaching high school equivalency and/or developmental math
- Ability to teach in person in Des Plaines or Skokie
- Strong digital and technology skills
- Working knowledge of Adult Education standards, pathways, and assessments
- Morning and/or evening availability
- Mathematics Standards Proficient preferred
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Provide direct and engaging Mathematics instruction in person at the Des Plaines or Skokie campus.
- Monitor student progress, report outcomes, and refer students to support services.
- Comply with all legal and ethical obligations including FERPA, ADA, and other regulatory legislations.
Pay rate: $30/hour
Based on the needs of the college and with Administrator approval, some positions at the college may have remote or hybrid schedule options available. Please note, that during the 65 working day probationary period, employees are required to report to campus.
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Oakton requires all employees to adhere to a Vaccination /Testing Mandate and Mask Requirement.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.