The Office of the University Registrar at George Mason University invites applications for a Workflow Analyst to provide technical and functional support for the development and implementation of electronic workflows for the Office of University Registrar using Ellucian Workflow (or comparable digital workflow application) and to serve as a functional and technical Ellucian Workflow resource. Please note that the position is full-time and is expected to work the equivalent of a minimum of 40 hours per week.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Workflow Analyst is responsible for supporting the creation, design, implementation, and maintenance of administrative processes within Ellucian Workflow. The Workflow Analyst will assist all units within the Office of the University Registrar.
- Support the effective business operations of the Office of the University Registrar by designing, developing, testing, and maintaining electronic workflows;
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Ellucian Workflow to users and stakeholders regarding software design, software performance, and reported issues;
- Perform analysis, design, development, testing, documentation, and implementation of Ellucian Workflow and/or related application systems within Ellucian offerings and related platforms such as Banner and Stellic, and their integration with enterprise systems;
- Collaborate with stakeholders, unit team members, and technical administrators within Information Technology Services to meet requirements, complete tasks, and communicate project information to clients, project manager, or other stakeholders; and
- Adhere to university policies and compliance with accessibility related standards (W3C, ADA, Section 508, etc.).
- Our ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills, demonstrate the ability to take initiative, and the ability to work independently. Candidates should be detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated experience with a Workflow management tool;
- Experience/exposure in creating and consuming REST/SOAP/JSON web services;
- Experience with Business Process Analysis and Mapping/Notation, Process Modeling, Event Triggers;
- Familiarity with PHP and building and consuming web services, especially REST for system integration;
- Experience with source/version control tool (Git, SVN, or Microsoft TFS);
- Demonstrated project management skills, with experience in leading and implementing high-impact projects with cross-functional teams;
- Ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects with competing priorities while working independently to drive projects to completion with minimum guidance and high attention to detail;
- Demonstrated advanced oral/written communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills, including the ability to communicate verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical colleagues;
- Demonstrated presentation skills and comfort speaking to stakeholders;
- Experience with user interface issues pertaining to navigation, usability, and functionality;
- Good understanding of troubleshooting methods and performance tuning;
- Optimizing and performance tuning skills for high utilization 24×7 access;
- Experience integrating with third party products with existing infrastructure (i.e., Informatica, Ethos);
- Proven ability to follow instructions and complete assigned projects and other miscellaneous tasks;
- Experience developing and directing software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation;
- Ability to remain competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing, and maintaining professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses;
- Commitment to quality through the ability to translate complex functional/technical requirements into technical specifications using best practices to create high-quality systems; and
- Ability to work equally well in self-managed and team-based projects with willingness to provide technical guidance and leadership to other team members.
- Experience working with Ellucian Workflow or Process Maker;
- Experience working with Ethos;
- Familiarity with low/no-code form creation tools such as Banner Workflow or NexGen Dynamic Forms; and
- Experience within higher education industry and enterprise systems such as Banner, Peoplesoft, Workday.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 03192z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.