External Applicants: Please upload your resume on the Apply screen. Your application will automatically populate your resume details, and you may verify and update data on the My Information page.
Please add your cover letter and any other documents required for the position to the Resume/CV document upload section at the bottom of the My Experience application page. Use the Select Files button to add multiple documents including your cover letter and supporting documents. The My Experience page is the only opportunity to add your cover letter and supporting document attachments. You will not be able to modify your application after you submit it.
Current Employees: Apply from your existing Workday account. Do not apply from the website. Log in to Workday. Click on the Career Worklet and select Find Jobs. Locate the position and click Apply. Update your Education and Job History.
** Cover letter required for all positions and optional for facilities, campus services, and hospitality positions unless otherwise specified.Job Description Summary
Located in Charlotte, North Carolina, the School of Professional Studies (SPS) is the newest school from Wake Forest University. SPS houses innovative graduate degree and non-degree programs, including certificates and other credentials, for working professionals.
As part of an innovative student-facing team in the School of Professional Studies, this role will provide leadership to key aspects of the academic and enrollment services operation for master’s and graduate certificate programs and oversees implementation of academic policies and registration related to SPS students and courses. A start-up mentality and creativity in developing and implementing processes is essential, as the SPS is a new school at Wake Forest University. In conjunction with other team members, is responsible for all registration process operations, from beginning to end of term processing and including academic record keeping and reporting, for the School of Professional Studies programs. This role will also be critical in the Workday implementation in regards to strategy, data integrity, and execution; therefore, the person in this position should have experience with system integrations.Job Description
- Creates, maintains, and secures records relating to students, courses, and academic procedures for programs in the School of Professional Studies (e.g. setup of academic terms, registration for incoming students and setup for registration of continuing students, setup of time status rules, student record maintenance, and troubleshooting registration issues).
- Interprets, implements, and administers academic policies as prescribed by SPS leadership and faculty; working to update the SPS Student Handbook and related forms/processes as needed.
- Collaborates with academic program leaders to establish and maintain the course carousels and academic calendar for the School of Professional Studies.
- Collaborates with University colleagues to update websites, catalogs, bulletins, documents, etc. with SPS-related information related to program/course creation and maintenance.
- Implements SPS registration processes, including course scheduling, creation, and maintenance.
- Performs regular audits and evaluates student progress in meeting degree requirements, serving as an enrollment and degree certifying official and compliance officer.
- Creates, maintains, and enhances data reports as appropriate, including Census Data for IR, National Student Clearinghouse data sets, and Cognos reports for registration, SIP, and conferral data.
- Provides leadership to School and University procedures that involve student record keeping and privacy considerations under the provision of the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), including grade submission and student information updates, as well as coordinating with School and University offices regarding policy compliance (e.g. immunizations, health insurance requirements, honor and conduct procedures).
- Implements updates to student information system(s) in cooperation with School and University IT offices, as well as other centralized units of the University.
- Oversees grade changes, verifications, and distributions, as well as grade code maintenance and reminders to faculty for grade deadlines.
- Manages operations related to transfer credit, course substitutions/waivers, prior learning credit, and cross-registration.
- Manages operations related to commencement and conferrals, including certificates of completion; partners with Office of University Registrar to ensure SPS students have access to degree audit, transcripts, diplomas, and commencement information.
- Assists with key annual events (e.g., orientation, immersion weekend, commencement, and annual awards & recognition processes).
- Collaborates with SPS colleagues to ensure a high-quality student-centered experience and may assist with program-specific initiatives where appropriate.
- Works with financial aid and other administrators on student non-payment, cancellation, and refund procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least three years of related experience in a Registrar’s Office working with student information systems and institutional records or equivalent combination education and experience.
- Experience with the Ellucian Banner system.
- Ability to effectively work with a broad spectrum of student populations, staff colleagues, and faculty members.
- Knowledge and understanding of academic cultures, rules, and regulations; including knowledge of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision on a variety of complex tasks concurrently, and the ability to prioritize tasks against key goals.
- Commitment to the value of multicultural environments, and the ability to build inclusive and respectful communities where differences are appreciated and engaged.
- Knowledge of effective record maintenance and retention procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to think proactively, critically, and creatively problem-solve.
- Ability to analyze data and implement controls to support policies and maintain data integrity.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational skills, with accuracy and attention to details.
- Ability to generate timely and accurate reports from a variety of data sets and/or databases.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google platforms, and other relevant software.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Advanced degree and/or additional experience in a related field
- Experience working with adult learners and/or programs for working professionals (i.e. accelerated, online programs)
- Experience with WorkDay Student and/or technical ability working with similar software packages
- Experience in Cognos 8 or above
- Responsible for own work.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.Additional Job Description
In an effort to protect the health and safety of the campus community, all faculty and staff positions, excluding staff who perform duties exclusively at Graylyn Conference Center, are required to be fully vaccinated with an FDA approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine prior to their hire date. Once hired, faculty and staff must maintain full COVID-19 vaccination status throughout their employment at Wake Forest University. Faculty and staff with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs that preclude vaccination should contact Human Resources to request a reasonable accommodation.
To help provide a safe learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Wake Forest University is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in employment for individuals with disabilities.Time Type Requirement
Full timeNote to Applicant:
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.