Title:TES - Security Officer Requisition Code:S2200481 Location:Multiple Locations Job Category:Temporary - TES Department:Campus Police (410020) Salary:$17.50 per hour Work Hours:varies Posted Date:05/04/2022 Overview:Stockton University is ranked among the top public universities in the Northeast with more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs, as well as continuing education opportunities. The University, one hour from Philadelphia and two hours from New York City, offers unique living and learning environments throughout southern New Jersey, including the 1,600 acre Galloway campus in the Pinelands National Reserve and Stockton University Atlantic City, located in the University District, just steps from the beach and the iconic Atlantic City Boardwalk. Additional locations include Hammonton, Manahawkin and Woodbine. As a public university, Stockton provides an environment for excellence to a diverse student body, including those from underrepresented populations, through an interdisciplinary approach to liberal arts, sciences and professional education. Founded in 1969, Stockton held its first classes in 1971. The University’s commitment to cultural diversity and its welcoming and vibrant community makes Stockton a great place to learn and work! Learn more about the many reasons to choose Stockton at www.Stockton.edu
Under direction of a supervisor in a state department, institution, or agency, during an assigned tour of duty, provides assistance and protection to persons and property in and about state owned and leased buildings, office grounds, and parking areas; maintains orderly conditions, and takes the measures required to assure observance of the law; does related work as required.
Must be willing to be assigned in any Stockton campus/location and in any shift. Weekend work is mandatory.This is an in-person on campus, non-remote position.Successful candidates will be required to show proof of being “up-to-date” (vaccination plus booster) with their COVID-19 vaccine status prior to their start date. Religious or Medical waivers may be requested at the time of employment offer.
- Patrols an assigned area of offices, buildings, and grounds including parking areas, and makes the required reports by telephone, punch clock, or otherwise.
- Prevents unauthorized persons from entering the grounds and buildings; checks automobiles and trucks entering and leaving the installation and makes a report of each state-owned vehicle indicating mileage, destination, the time of entering and leaving the installation, the name of the person driving the car, and the license number.
- Takes action as required to prevent fire, theft, vandalism, disorder, and/or damage or loss to state property and equipment.
- Opens and closes gates, doors, and windows, and raises and lowers flags.
- Turns off office fans, motors, lights, and air conditioning equipment at the end of the business day.
- Opens offices daily and sees that rooms are properly ventilated; switches on lights, fans, motors, and air conditioners.
- Gives assistance when accidents or illness occur in emergencies; summons physicians, the fire department, and/or police as may be required.
- Periodically makes inspections of the assigned areas and sees that newspapers and other litter are picked up and disposed of; when articles of value are found, turns these over to the custody of the supervisory officer.
- Directs callers to the reception desk or to other locations, and provides desired information to callers in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintains order and decorum in the assigned office or other areas, and sees that rest rooms, buildings, grounds, and other areas are kept free from Loiterers.
- Support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission
- Must be willing to be assigned in any Stockton campus/location and in any shift. Weekend work is mandatory.
- Prior university experience, preferred.
- Prior police experience, preferred.
Required Documents:Letter of Interest, Resume How To Apply:
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using Microsoft Word or PDF.
- A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
- A current resume
- One professional reference (included in the application): Name, Organization, Email Address and Telephone
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check, which may include social intelligence from a consumer reporting agency.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources (Main Campus, J-115) at 609-652-4384, Monday - Friday between 8:00am - 5:00pm.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions (faculty exempt) are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crimes Statistics Act (Clery Act), prospective employees may access Stockton’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASFSR) is available at https://www.stockton.edu/police/crime-statistics.html. The ASFSR contains the previous three years of reported Clery Act crime statistics, fire safety information and information regarding campus and personal safety. If you would like a paper copy of the report, please visit the Stockton University Police Department, building 71, 101 Vera King Farris Drive, Galloway Township, NJ, or call 609-652-4390, to request that a copy be mailed to you.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.