Title:Teaching Specialist, Nursing, Non-tenure track (NTTP), 12 months (2 positions) Starts 09-01-2022 Requisition Code:S2200483 Job Category:Faculty Department:School of Health Sciences (220020) Salary:Salary commensurate with experience and is accompanied by an extremely competitive University benefits package. Posted Date:05/04/2022 Overview:Stockton University is ranked among the top public universities in the Northeast with more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs, as well as continuing education opportunities. The University, one hour from Philadelphia and two hours from New York City, offers unique living and learning environments throughout southern New Jersey, including the 1,600 acre Galloway campus in the Pinelands National Reserve and Stockton University Atlantic City, located in the University District, just steps from the beach and the iconic Atlantic City Boardwalk. Additional locations include Hammonton, Manahawkin and Woodbine. As a public university, Stockton provides an environment for excellence to a diverse student body, including those from underrepresented populations, through an interdisciplinary approach to liberal arts, sciences and professional education. Founded in 1969, Stockton held its first classes in 1971. The University’s commitment to cultural diversity and its welcoming and vibrant community makes Stockton a great place to learn and work! Learn more about the many reasons to choose Stockton at www.Stockton.edu
This is an in-person on campus, non-remote position.
Successful candidates will be required to show proof of being “up-to-date” with their COVID-19 vaccine status prior to their start date. Religious or Medical waivers may be requested at the time of employment offer.
Under the direction of the Dean of the School of Health Sciences, the Teaching Specialist-Nursing will fulfill the responsibilities and expectations of Stockton Non-Tenure-Track Teaching Position (12 month) as outlined in the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) dated January 7, 2020. Specifically, the candidate will serve in the following ways at Stockton:
- Carry a 40 TCH annual load including 32 TCH in courses in Nursing ?AND the following responsibilities, in lieu of 8 TCH. These duties may include:
- Management and organization of the nursing lab space
- Integration of simulation across the curriculum
- Organizing nursing-specific tutoring
- Assuring student skills competency, skills testing, and remediation across the curriculum
- Serve as preceptor to students, as necessary
- Provide service to the University, community and/or profession
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Associate Dean for Nursing, Dean of the School of Health Sciences, and/or the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission
- Master's Degree in Nursing
- At least one year experience in teaching nursing higher education
- More than one year teaching experience in nursing higher education
- Experience with advising/precepting students
- Evidence or interest in service to community/profession
- Preference will be given to candidates who have clinical experience in medical surgical nursing, pediatrics or obstetrics, or psychosocial/mental health nursing and who can teach a variety of nursing program courses.
Required Documents:Curriculum Vitae, Letter of Interest, Unofficial Transcripts How To Apply:
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward.You may upload documents using Microsoft Word or PDF.
- A letter of interest describing qualifications and accomplishments
- A curriculum vitae
- Unofficial Graduate transcripts
- A list of three professional references (included in the application): Name, Organization, Email address and Telephone
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check, which may include social intelligence from a consumer reporting agency.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources (Main Campus, J-115) at 609-652-4384, Monday - Friday between 8:00am - 5:00pm.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions (faculty exempt) are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crimes Statistics Act (Clery Act), prospective employees may access Stockton’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASFSR) is available at https://www.stockton.edu/police/crime-statistics.html. The ASFSR contains the previous three years of reported Clery Act crime statistics, fire safety information and information regarding campus and personal safety. If you would like a paper copy of the report, please visit the Stockton University Police Department, building 71, 101 Vera King Farris Drive, Galloway Township, NJ, or call 609-652-4390, to request that a copy be mailed to you.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.