Transfer Evaluator Specialist Location:
Clayton State University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Located 15 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, Clayton State University offers employees a diverse environment which fosters both professional and personal development. The university is committed to cultivating an environment of engaged, experienced-based learning, enriched by active community service. Clayton State offers multiple Bachelor and Master Degree programs which currently enrolls over 6,900 students in challenging campus and on-line courses.
The campus is situated just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta on 214 beautiful acres, making access to the metropolitan area a breeze. We’ve been named a Top Workplace in Atlanta by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution for six consecutive years. And we also were named one of 79 higher education institutions across the nation in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of 2017 Great Colleges to Work For.
The Transfer Evaluator Specialist is responsible for evaluating transfer credit for all incoming new and readmitted students. This individual also serves as the point of contact for all transfer credit inquiries from students and staff. This individual is essential in maintaining the integrity and accuracy of transfer evaluations and ensures that transcripts are reviewed in a timely and efficient manner, which in turn ensures the accuracy and efficiency of the registration, advisement, and graduation processes.
- Completes transfer evaluations for new transfer and readmit students; updates transfer records.
- Point of contact for transfer student inquiries.
- Helps prepare for orientation; assists with graduation.
- Answers phones and assists with the front office.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Required.
- A successful background investigation. For more information about the background investigation, you are encouraged to go to the following link at http://www.usg.edu/hr/manual/background_investigation.
- Related experience in a Registrar's Office, Admissions, or Advisement setting at the college level.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Must be able to multitask and work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of Ellucian Banner software desired.
- Must have current knowledge of the rules, regulations, and laws pertaining to student records.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must possess critical thinking skills and be able to logically support and make decisions independently.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.