Requisition Number:38958Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:University StaffSchedule:Full-TimePosting Close Date:17-May-2022Date Posted:03-May-2022 Close All
Student Affairs Information Technology (SA IT) at the University of Colorado Boulder encourages applications for the Student Affairs IT Support Professional position! This role will perform analysis, troubleshooting, and resolution of IT issues for standalone Windows 10 client workstations and virtual desktops as part of a Support Team. The person in this position needs significant technical skill and knowledge about Windows computer systems and operating systems and how they are used in a variety of settings. The incumbent needs to possess expertise with workstations, laptops and kiosks, various operating systems and interfaces. This position's role will be in a healthcare clinical and administrative setting.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We Are
Student Affairs Information Technology provides technology leadership and support to the Division of Student Affairs. Our deep knowledge and understanding of our students' and staff needs, coupled with our technical expertise, makes SAIT a trusted partner, committed to an excellent student experience. Our dedication, responsiveness and commitment equip us to meet our customers’ evolving demands as we work collaboratively to serve students.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Windows OS & VMWare VDI Help Desk Support
- Provides expert level of support for Windows OS and VMWare VDI workstations deployed across Student Affairs.
- Ensures settings and functionality of all installations and configurations are accurate following industry standard methodologies.
- Deploys software according to system requirements, manages drive mappings, monitors data security, system functionality, and configuration settings determined by organizational policies and processes for the department and by system staff engineers and administrators.
- Provides excellent customer service in delivery of technological services and tracks such service using tools such as JIRA Service Desk, Confluence and Bomgar.
- Follows system and database organizational change processes at all times.
- Regular contact with users by phone, walk-arounds, e-mails and ticket system.
- Supports users across campus and must possess a valid Colorado drivers license to drive any of 4 department vehicles.
- Has set support hours with phone coverage as a part of these duties.
- Possess superb communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with technical and non-technical staff.
IT Hardware & Peripheral Support
- Provides routine repairs and maintenance on IT related hardware including, but not limited to, workstations, printers, monitors, card readers, laptops, iPads and cell phones.
- Tracks and handles assets using SCCM and Jamf.
- Demonstrates significant technical skill and knowledge about computer systems and operating systems and how they are used in a variety of settings.
Network & Telecom Trouble Shooting
- Works with main campus OIT organization to coordinate installation, configuration and repair of network jacks for all Student Affairs buildings.
- Submits work requests for repair of physical phones and resetting voice mail for users as requested.
- Processes moves, adds and changes for Cisco VoIP phone extensions.
Actively Participates in Meetings, Trainings, & Updates Documentation
- Attends all professional internal and external meetings as requested by supervisor.
- Works independently with campus entities in meetings and participates in collaboration efforts.
- Meets with SA IT coworkers to keep current with changing system setups, configurations, customer service issues, solving analysis techniques, and resolutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Should Know
- This position will be working on-campus with limited remote work available.
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to follow the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement.
- New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
What We Can Offer
- Starting salary is $50,000.
- Onboarding assistance is available within Student Affairs guidelines.
Benefits The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
. Be StatementsBe collaborative. Be resourceful. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree in an information technology-related or business field Substitution: Experience in an information technology-related field may substitute for the bachelor’s degree on a year-for-year basis.
- Two years’ experience supporting IT users in a large corporate environment, over 250 users.
- Two years’ experience supporting Microsoft Windows 10 and 7 OS and applications.
- Candidates must possess a current, valid state of Colorado driver’s license.
What You Will Need
- Proven technical troubleshooting skills.
- Desire to identify solutions and improve business processes.
- Excellent customer service.
- Ability to provide root cause analysis for customer problems.
What We Would Like You To Have
- One-year experience with supporting VMware VDI, virtual desktops.
- Experience managing Group Policy, security settings and account administration via Active Directory.
- Experience with health care software solutions, secured networks and electronic medical records is highly desirable.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time. Please apply by May 17, 2022
for consideration. Note
: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs
.Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]