Requisition Number:39013Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:Classified StaffSchedule:Full-TimePosting Close Date:24-May-2022Date Posted:04-May-2022 Close All
Job SummaryDo you have a passion for helping others? The CU Boulder Police Department (CUPD)
is hiring for a Police Dispatcher Trainee
, and we invite you to apply! This is an excellent opportunity to enter the field of dispatching, including training and developing skills to become a Police Dispatcher. The training process includes learning the elements of public safety dispatching, providing growing levels of independence and responsibility. Additionally, this position includes opportunities for advancement and outstanding benefits including health insurance, retirement, tuition assistance, and paid time off. Learn more about our community partnerships: CU Student Involvement in Recruitment
, Collaboration with the Campus Community
and our Recruitment Plan
. Grow your career with us!
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreThe members of the University of Colorado Boulder Police Department (CUPD)
are dedicated to providing the highest quality police services in order to improve community safety, protect life and property, and reduce crime and the fear of crime. To do this, we pledge to develop a partnership with the community, to lead a community dedication to resolve problems, and to improve the quality of life for all CU affiliates. The CUPD is a full-service police agency with 46 sworn and 36 non-sworn employees providing community-based public safety services to a diverse community of 36,000 affiliates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, all year long. Every year the department responds to approximately 20,000 calls for service and ensures the safety and security for all of their PAC-12 Conference athletic events with attendance at football games exceeding 50,000 fans. Patrolling the campus by foot, bicycle, motorcycle, and vehicle, the CU Boulder Police work diligently with the University community and surrounding agencies to ensure a timely and coordinated law enforcement response.What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Receive and analyze emergency and non-emergency service calls and officer-initiated matters. Interpret and prioritize calls requiring essential service entities such as police, fire, medical, and other vital agencies.
- Monitor databases and alarm systems to determine the level of response for an event and deploy resources.
- Record and document details of call information, resource deployment, response times, unit activity, personnel deployment, pending incident status, and call loading.
- Coordinate information from a variety of sources in a concise manner to fulfill requests for service.
- Complete entries in University, local, state, and national law enforcement databases.
What You Should Know
- This role is required to work multiple shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- This position requires a background check including a personal history questionnaire, criminal, financial, and motor vehicle checks, psychological exam, job suitability assessment, a polygraph, and a drug screen. Per department policy, applicants who have used marijuana within two years of application will be disqualified.
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement.
- New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
What We Can Offer
The starting salary for this position is $47,507 annually. This position is eligible for up to a 10% shift differential for shift hours worked.
Benefits The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
. Be StatementsBe authentic. Be engaged. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Three years of relevant work experience. Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Colorado residency.
- High school diploma or GED.
What You Will Need
- Willingness to learn.
- Outstanding multi-tasker and calm under pressure.
- Dependability, attention to detail, and ability to paraphrase.
- Ability to see a color computer monitor and hear at functioning levels.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
- Qualified veterans are eligible for veteran’s preference points within the State classified system. If you are a veteran and would like to have your DD214 evaluated to determine your eligibility for preference points, please attach a copy of your DD214 to this posting. If you do not wish to upload a DD214, please email a copy to [email protected] or send via fax at 303-492-4693 and reference the job to which you are applying.
We may request references at a later time. Please apply by May 24, 2022
for consideration. Note
: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants
This position is designated “essential services.” The incumbent is required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies (snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event) and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during emergency campus closures.
Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]