Procurement Specialist, Senior
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values. We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our efforts and working side by side to further NAU's culture of excellence.
- Upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 references to best evaluate your prior experience as it meets the needs of the position.
The Procurement Specialist, Sr processes purchasing and contract related transactions including insurance reviews, database, and file records management while ensuring compliance with standard NAU procedures and guidelines and State of Arizona statutes.
This is a full time benefit eligible position. Here are a few of NAU's benefits that can be taken advantage of as a full time employee:
Job Duties and Functions
- NAU offers a diverse range of benefits to suit the needs of our staff and faculty. Benefits range from generous health, dental and vision insurance options, flexible health/dependent care spending accounts, paid vacation and sick leave, and staff community engagement time off (up to 16 hours a year).
- NAU staff and faculty are also able benefit from NAU's Educational Assistance Tuition Reduction programs at any of the three state Universities (NAU/ASU/UA) for themselves and their dependents. For more about NAU's benefits please visit NAU Human Resources Benefits website.
Procurement and Contract Processing - 70%
- Prepares, tracks, and manages procurement and contract related transactions within NAU's financial system, databases, and hard files.
- Initiates and routes required business process forms for approval for assigned area of responsibility.
- Assembles, researches, and summarizes information from various sources. Performs simple calculations to support transactions while preparing special and recurring reports.
- Utilizes various purchase methods to procure materials and services of minimal difficulty and ensures timely reconciliation of purchases.
- Assists with and/or completes procurement related forms.
- Receives and responds to inquiries regarding procurement procedures and policies.
- Communicates with vendors, contractors, and NAU representatives to initiate vendor set-up, requests quotes, expedites delivery of goods and services, and requests invoices.
- Approves procurement transactions as assigned.
Tracking/Management of Transactional Requests - 20%
- Tracks and manages requests from NAU departments through NAU's online request system.
- Organizes and maintains appropriate documentation to ensure compliance with NAU policy and process.
- Tracks multiple processes and transactions and identifies issues or delays.
Process Development & Training - 5%
- Suggests process improvements and new procedures to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of key functional transactions and processes.
- Escalates issues and questions as appropriate.
Other duties as assigned - 5%
- High school degree or equivalent AND
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, OR
- A combination of related education, experience, and training.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Knowledge
- Basic procurement, contracts, and business processes
- Mathematics and accounting
- Adaptable to frequent change.
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Listen actively.
- Attention to detail
- Balance competing priorities
- Work with highly confidential and/or sensitive information
- Promote a diverse, inclusive environment
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of 12/10/21, the Safer Federal Workforce employee vaccination requirement is currently suspended pending the outcome of a federal court-issued injunction. This injunction has suspended the recent executive order issued by President Biden requiring all employees of federal contractors to receive COVID-19 vaccinations. For current status of the vaccine requirement and/or questions, please visit FAQs for Employee Vaccination Requirement
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting. If you are applying for a job that requires a CDL, you will be required to register with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and adhere to the clearinghouse requirements. Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report
. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report
is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Salary is $41,000. Annual salary commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
This position is non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The incumbent is eligible for overtime pay or compensatory time according to University policy. Further, the employee must submit timesheets that accurately reflect all hours worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website
. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits
on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training
includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days. If your position includes the supervision of a benefit-eligible employee, we offer the NAU Supervisors Academy for you to complete within your first 2 years.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
May 18, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website
or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.EEO is the Law Poster and Supplements
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=606284&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency