Neuromuscular Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator
School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
Stanford University's Neuromuscular Division of Neurology is seeking an Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator (ACRC) to join a neuromuscular research team dedicated to understanding and treating neuromuscular disorders. The position will assist in coordinating the oversight and implementation of research protocols assuring efficiency and regulatory compliance while also performing laboratory tasks combining basic molecular research with translational and clinical research. The ACRC will be responsible for assisting the team in running the division's neuromuscular research studies and industry-sponsored drug trials, and may include gene therapies, small molecule drug trials, longitudinal natural history studies, and other PI-initiated projects dealing with pediatric and adult neuromuscular conditions including ALS, spinal muscular atrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy, myotonic dystrophy, myasthenia gravis, and others. The position will also include working with neuromuscular patients in clinic, educating them on Stanford neuromuscular research studies, consenting participants, and coordinating sample collections during clinic visits. The position can be a launching pad for careers in biomedical science. These studies of devastating nerve and muscle disorders will primarily be conducted at the Stanford University Medical Center, and work will be under the supervision of the principal investigator and/or study coordinator/supervisor.Duties include:
- Schedule and/or call subjects for appointments; contact participants with reminders or other requirements.
- Prepare, distribute, and process questionnaires.
- Perform clerical duties in the preparation of regulatory documents. Maintain all forms and documents, including consent forms and master subject logs. File all appropriate correspondence.
- Assist with the screening, recruiting, and obtaining consent of study participants. Review medical records and/or perform telephone or in-person interviews to gather data, as needed.
- Administer standard study questionnaires and tests, score test measurements and questionnaires, and code data for computer entry. Perform quantitative review of forms, tests, and other measurements for completeness and accuracy.
- Extract data from source documents for research studies as directed. Collect data and complete case report forms.
- Collect study specimens according to protocol, assist in procedures to collect samples
- Prepare, process, and ship specimens/samples accurately under well-defined requirements.
- Help with general lab maintenance as needed; maintain lab stock, manage chemical inventory and safety records, and provide general lab support as needed
- Assist with orientation and training of new staff or students on lab procedures or techniques.
- Assist in running the day-to-day operations of the Stanford Neuromuscular Biobank
* - Other duties may also be assignedDESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Excellent organization, communication and time management skills.EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree in related scientific field. Computer experience with spreadsheet and word processing applications.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- General knowledge of medical terminology.
- General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master computer programs, databases, and scientific applications.
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to accurately complete detailed work.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine light/fine grasping.
- Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk based computer tasks, use a telephone and write by hand, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh 40 pounds or more.
- Ability to work in a dusty, dirty, and odorous environment.
- Position may require repetitive motion.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Position may at times require the employee to work with or be in areas where hazardous materials and/or exposure to chemicals, blood, body fluid or tissues and risk of exposure to contagious diseases and infections.
- May require extended or unusual work hours based on research requirements and business needs.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
As an organization that receives federal funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement that will apply to all university employees, including those working remotely in the United States and applicable subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines for Stanford University Staff, please visit https://cardinalatwork.stanford.edu/working-stanford/covid-19/interim-policies/covid-19-surveillance-testing-policy
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/3056277
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency