Research Data Analyst
School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one ofthe world's leading teaching and research Universities. Stanford is dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world. Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000, which is rooted in a culture of excellence and values, innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning.
The Department of Anesthesiology, Pain & Perioperative Medicine at Stanford, is seeking a Research Data Analyst 1 to Manage and analyze large amounts of information, typically technical or scientific in nature, under the direction of project researchers, investigators, or managers.
Stanford School of Medicine, and the department of Anesthesia are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for its staff, residents, fellows, & faculty.
To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability and promote healthy, fulfilling lives. As an award-winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.Duties include:
* - Other duties may also be assignedEDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Collect, manage and clean datasets. These will be in silico experiments (eg.to test various algorithms). An example of a problem the incumbent will face is predicting a pregnant woman's delivery time using immune system data. The incumbent will be expected to solve this problem by developing a supervised learning algorithm with an outcome including a predictive model of delivery time.
- The employee will lead the development of predictive algorithms that combine different data sources from the immune system to predict long-term recovery from surgical trauma and pregnancy. He/she will develop integrative analysis algorithms that combine data from multiple clinical trials to identify shared mechanisms.
- Employ new and existing tools to interpret, analyze, and visualize multivariate relationships in data.
- Create databases and reports, develop algorithms and statistical models, and perform statistical analyses appropriate to data and reporting requirements. Modification of bioinformatics pipelines. An example of a decision the incumbent must make is determining the choice of the right algorithm for predictive modeling of a dataset. The incumbent would use different characteristics of the data base as well as machine learning literature as the process in making the decision. The outcome would be the selection of the right algorithm for a given predictive modeling problem.
- Use system reports and analyses to identify potentially problematic data, make corrections, and determine root cause for data problems from input errors or inadequate field edits, and suggest possible solutions. Responsible for documentation and maintenance of source codes, computation code/experiences at a highly technical and critical task level
- Develop reports, charts, graphs and tables for use by investigators and for publication and presentation. Writing the bioinformatics/methods section of articles and producing bioinformatics figures.
- Analyze data processes in documentation.
- Collaborate with faculty and research staff on data collection and analysis methods. Technical training for students and staff with a biology/clinical background.
- Provide documentation based on audit and reporting criteria to investigators and research staff. Review of statistics, bioinformatics, and machine learning literature to develop algorithms. Analyze data and make recommendations for changes in procedure and/or protocols.
- Communicate with government officials, grant agencies and industry representatives.
Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and relevant experience. Experience in a quantitative discipline such as economics, finance, statistics or engineering.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Substantial experience with MS Office and analytical programs.
- Strong writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Sitting in place at computer for long periods of time with extensive keyboarding/dexterity.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand.
Some work may be performed in a laboratory or field setting.WORK STANDARDS:
As an organization that receives federal funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement that will apply to all university employees, including those working remotely in the United States and applicable subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines for Stanford University Staff, please visit https://cardinalatwork.stanford.edu/working-stanford/covid-19/interim-policies/covid-19-surveillance-testing-policy
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/3056249
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency