University of Idaho
Area Extension Educator - Risk Management
Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Commensurate with Experience
The University of Idaho, Agricultural Economics & Rural Sociology department, is seeking to hire an Assistant Professor, Area Extension Educator in Risk Management. The Area Extension Educator will coordinate and manage extension education related to farmer, processor or industry risk management tools and needs, and marketing of agricultural and food products.
In addition, the Area Extension Educator will serve the important need of developing new (or updated) Cost and Returns (CAR) estimates for alternative crop and livestock agricultural enterprises or management systems, in coordination with the other AERS Area Extension Educator. These reports are both broad and extensive, and in high demand from producers, commissions, appraisers, financial institutions, and others. The Area Extension Educator will be responsible for collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data for publication to revise existing and create new AERS resources.
They will prepare and conduct workshops and oral presentations to stakeholders, be responsible for continuing education as to implications of farm bill programs on optimal producer management decisions, and coordinate county educators to achieve state-wide education and training as necessary.
- An earned M.S. degree from an accredited institution in Agricultural Economics, Economics or related degree is required by date of hire.
- Demonstrated expertise in the economics and financial management for agricultural enterprises
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management, and/or cost and returns analysis, and/or agricultural markets, and/or price analysis
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
- Ability to organize effective Extension programs.
- Potential for or record of publications in extension outlets.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Pacific Northwest agricultural markets, price analysis, futures and options markets.
- Experience working with agricultural producers and agribusiness industries, through Extension or the private sector.
- Experience in analysis of cost and returns analysis for agricultural crops and livestock production.
- Ability to design and conduct effective data collection methodologies.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationship with people of various social, cultural, economic and education backgrounds.
- Ability to work effectively as a team player.
- Willing and able to travel and adjust to a flexible schedule (i.e. participate in evening and weekend programs).
Open Until Filled:
Applications received by June 15, 2022
will receive first consideration.
Along with your on-line application, write a letter of qualification addressing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications listed.
In addition, your application materials must include a CV, names & contact information for at least three (3) professional references, and unofficial transcripts.
For questions, please contact:Christopher S. McIntoshAgricultural Economics and Rural Sociology
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency