The Center for Computational Biology is seeking a Staff Engineer
to support the Center. This position will not only support the Center but also help in the development of new projects and sponsors within the Center.
This Staff Engineer position will conduct computational analysis of DNA and RNA sequences, with a special focus on metagenomics data. This individual will work closely with scientists in the Center for Computational Biology and in the Department of Pathology, developing and improving methods for analysis of these data. The data will include sequences from the infectious disease diagnosis pipeline created jointly by Pathology and CCB.
The Staff Engineer filling this position should have expertise in computational methods development for genome sequence analysis and experience developing and applying such methods. A Ph.D. or equivalent in Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Biostatistics, or an equivalent type of training is required. Expertise in programming in Python and C++ is required, and expertise in other languages is desirable.Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Perform internal and external research, analysis and studies.
- Provide subject matter expertise and conduct research and development.
- Plan, develop and lead new initiatives.
- Directly engage existing stakeholders and prospective sponsors for outreach and business development.
- Utilize internal research resources, databases and technical report collection as well as outside sources to support projects.
- Participate and represent CCB for conferences, symposia and presentations of research.
- Work with CCB faculty in educating the next generation of leaders in healthcare.
- Mentor students.
- Assist faculty in preparing and disseminating content.
- Assist in student and faculty publications and grants.
- Work with CCB faculty to plan and carry out evaluation of projects.
- Bachelor's plus 5 years' experience.
- Master's plus 3 years' experience.
- PhD plus 0 years' experience.
* Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Technical Qualifications or Specialized Certifications:
- Experience in analysis of DNA and RNA sequence data is required.
- Expertise in programming in Python and C++ is required, and expertise in other languages is desirable.
- Expertise in use of the Unix operating system is required.
Classified Title: Staff Engineer
Starting Salary Range: $71,510 - $98,410 annually (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30am-5pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Homewood Campus
Department name: Department of Biomedical Engineering
Personnel area: Whiting School of Engineering
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at [email protected]
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Staff-Engineer-MD-21211/881219900/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency