Research Program Coordinator
**This position is not eligible to provide Visa Sponsorship.**
The Department of Medicine is seeking a Research Program Coordinator
who will support a collaborative, dynamic research team with the conduct of long-term NIH-funded or other investigator-initiated research protocols and clinical trials. These activities center on improving outcomes for persons with Substance Use and Mental Health Disorders with a focus on prevention and treatment of infectious diseases, particularly HIV and viral hepatitis.
Research involves epidemiology, qualitative and quantitative research to understand barriers and facilitators to effective care, development, implementation and evaluation of interventions for this highly marginalized population. Program development and implementation involves working in close collaboration with impacted communities and individual people who use drugs (PWUD) in hospital, clinic and community-based settings.
The Coordinator will contribute to all aspects of the work including IRB applications, in depth qualitative interviews of study participants, data collection, creation of standard Operating Procedures for protocols and literature reviews. The Coordinator will also support Qualitative Research needs of studies, contribute to grants and manuscripts as needed and directed by the Principal Investigator. Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Coordinate the implementation of study protocols
- Oversees activities of complex studies and assist in study design and contribute to SOP
- Organizes and quality controls raw data and performs self-audits
- Recruit program and research participants including active injection drug users from Baltimore into research studies
- Administer detailed questionnaire to assess drug use practices, social network (friends and family) characteristics and health care access related behaviors
- Development of qualitative interview guides with guidance and supervision
- Conduct qualitative interviews
- Coding and analysis of qualitative data
- Participate in development of research protocols
- Ensure adherence to protocols
- Coordinate all activities of research study to assure validity of findings
- Oversee record management for research study
- Serve as a resource for clinicians involved in study in regard to protocol requirements
- Abstract medical data from charts requiring some interpretation
- Participate in study meetings and provide updates on protocol implementation status and make recommendations on operational issues
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline required. Master's Degree preferred but not required.
- Some related experience required.
- Certification must be obtained within 12 months of date of hire. Must attend the JHU bio-safety course. Must attend training in the use of electronic scheduling and medical record systems.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience and additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.*
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for the required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. ** Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Strong communication skills, capacity to work independently and collaboratively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Capacity to work productively with people who use or have previously used drugs.
Classified Title: Research Program Coordinator
Starting Salary Range: $16.42 - $22.57/hr (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30-5pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM DOM Bay Infectious Disease
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at [email protected]
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Research-Program-Coordinator-MD-21224/880924700/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency