Security Sensitive Position?:
YesHours of Work:
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM M-FPosting Number:
TSU202621Official TSU Title:
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR TECH DIGITAL SERVICESGrant Title:
N/AJob Description Summary / TWC Summary:
Under general supervision maintains the accuracy of information resource management with technical and digital technologies for the R.J. Terry Library. Provides human resource management for projects and general library operations.Essential Duties Summary:
- Directs library technology operations and services; to include close supervision of cataloging and processing operations.
- Applies professional standards to processing, ensures quality control and coordination among technical services, circulation and reference tools are synchronous and provide seamless access to appropriate resources.
- Assists in preparing annual budget, strategic plan, external reports, in-services, and other activities. Collects and reports in a timely fashion, use and production statistics.
- Manages the Voyager Integrated Library System. Serves as primary contact between TSU’s Office of Information Technology and the library.
- Develops, documents and implements approved workflows and timelines for daily and strategic operations of technical processes, including the cataloging department and the technical aspects of circulation operations.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
$55,513.00 - $69,392.00Education:
Master’s degree American Library Association-accredited.Required Licensing/Certification:
None required.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Federal, State, Local, and County laws.
- Policies, procedures, and practices.
- Current bibliographic standards for cataloging and classification.
- Current trends in librarianship.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge in multiple disciplines. Acts as the ultimate subject matter expert in several professional disciplines and is the “go-to” expert on principles, methods and procedures. Requires the ability to create methods and approaches to handle unique situations.
- Business administration knowledge along with knowledge of information systems, along with the ability to create methods for work-flows to begin in project management.
- Management and supervisory practices.
- Banner and other job-related software systems.
- Microsoft Office Professional or similar applications.
- Detail oriented.
- Problem-solving and decision-making.
- Multitasking and time management.
- Coordinating work over others.
- Planning activities.
- Express one clearly.
- Both verbal and written communication.
- Communicates effectively.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Routine office environment.Sitting or standing in one location much of the time. Some stooping, lifting or carrying objects light weight may be required.Use of video display terminal. UA EEO Statement:
It is the policy of Texas Southern University to provide a work environment that is free from discrimination for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, individuals with disability, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its programs, activities, admissions or employment policies. This policy of equal opportunity is strictly observed in all University employment-related activities such as advertising, recruiting, interviewing, testing, employment training, compensation, promotion, termination, and employment benefits. This policy expressly prohibits harassment and discrimination in employment based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic history, national origin, individuals with disability, age, citizenship status, or protected veteran status. This policy shall be adhered to in accordance with the provisions of all applicable federal, state and local laws, including, but not limited to, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. Close Date:
Manual of Administrative Policies and Procedures
07/02/2022Open Until Filled (overrides close field) :
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Open to all applicants.