05/02/2022Open Until Filled:
Campus Services RecruiterDepartment this Position Reports to:
Admin HR ServicesHiring Range Minimum:
$50,800Hiring Range Maximum:
Not an SEIU PositionFLSA Status:
Regular Full TimeScheduled Months per Year:
12Scheduled Hours per Week:
40Location of Position:
Class of 1953 CommonsRemote Work Eligibility?:
6 Massachusetts Row
Hybrid position that requires a onsite presence and travel.
HybridIs this a term position?:
NoIf yes, length of term in months.:
naIs this a grant funded position?:
Partners with external organizations to build a strong candidate pool, including the use of creative advertising and social media networking to attract candidates for non-exempt, Union, and temporary positions with a primary focus in Dining Services, Custodial and Trades. Provides outreach to Campus Services hiring managers to answer recruiting needs, develop recruiting strategies, and actively source candidates. Implements proactive recruitment strategies to reduce vacancy rates and allow time to fill. Assists hiring managers with the appropriate recruitment actions and makes recommendations based on established recruitment best practices and HR policies.Works with Admin HR Services Manager and Assistant Manager to create an optimal hiring and onboarding environment for the Campus Services Division. Position reports to the Admin HR Services Manager.Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp:
Bachelors plus 3-5 years' experience or equivalent combination of education and experienceRequired Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum three years in recruitment, Human Resources, and/or business management experience or the equivalent in education and experience required.
- Proficiency with various computer and Web based software required. Proven ability to use social media outlets in a business setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills and advanced writing skills.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be qualified under the terms of the Dartmouth College Driver Safety and Motor Vehicle Policy
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title:
- Experience in and knowledge of skilled trades and facilities environment preferred.
- Excellent organizational, time-management skills and personal efficiency.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices.
- Ability to practice confidentiality and utilize discretion with sensitive information.
- Ability to communicate comfortably and effectively with people of all education levels; communication skills; negotiation skills.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment, database management and record keeping.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as necessary.
- Must complete Dartmouth Online Review and Recruit System training.
- Strong commitment to a diverse working environment and to serving the needs of a large and diverse community.
Kelly MousleyTalent Acquisition Consultant:
Matt BrowneEqual Opportunity Employer:
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.Background Check:
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.Special Instructions to Applicants:
All Dartmouth College employees, whether working on-site or remotely, are required to be up to date with vaccination against COVID-19 (or to have received an approved exemption from vaccination through the Office of Institutional Diversity and Equity). Please visit https://dartgo.org/vaxpolicy for details. Compliance with this requirement is a condition of employment. Failure to meet this condition of employment may result in Dartmouth in its sole discretion delaying your start date or rescinding its offer of employment.Quick Link:
External Partnerships, Sourcing and Advertising
Percentage Of Time:
- Establishes relationships and sources candidates from local service organizations including Employment Support Agencies (HCRS, Pathways, Lincoln Street, etc.), area high schools and vocational programs, Headrest, Court Diversion Programs, ACLU, etc.)
- Actively sources candidates for the Campus Services division using multiple platforms including career fairs, contacts with professional organizations, leveraging social media, resume databases, online and print advertising.
- Is proactive and attends career fairs, professional group events, schools, and colleges as outreach to candidates.
- Creates effective advertisements in print and online and places them strategically to attract maximum interest from candidates.
- Researches and stays current on emerging advertising and recruiting trends and actively uses social media to source candidates and build candidate engagement.
- Networks with and supports candidates seeking employment at Dartmouth College. Creates a database of candidates for future employment opportunities.
Partnership with Campus Services Managers
Percentage Of Time:
- Consults and partners with Campus Services hiring managers to develop strong working relationships to understand specific departmental recruiting needs, develop recruiting strategies, and provide counsel, education and support throughout the hiring process.
- Recommends, creates, and implements advertising/marketing strategies using a variety of sourcing and advertising techniques.
- Maintains awareness of Campus Services openings and actively reaches out to managers to assist in creating hiring pools for newly opened positions.
- Engages proactively and promptly with candidates to guide them through the hiring process.
- Coordinates recruitment process including sourcing, conducting phone interviews, providing candidate summaries and maintaining documentation of candidate pools.
Recruiting and Employment Systems
Percentage Of Time:
- Provides customer service to hiring managers and applicants for the applicant tracking system.
- Liaises with Human Resources’ Talent Acquisition team as needed.
- With the Assistant Manager, works with hiring managers to craft position descriptions that accurately reflect position responsibilities and assists in posting jobs for recruitment in the PeopleAdmin system. Coordinates updates of or changes to job postings as requested by hiring departments.
- With the Assistant Manager, manages position action information in PeopleAdmin to ensure accurate and efficient hiring process.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of employment law and hiring practices as they relate to federal contractors in higher education.
- Understands employment law related to recruiting, interviewing, search committee practices and OFCCP rules.
Percentage Of Time:
- Demonstrates a commitment to and promotes diversity recruitment goals by participating in and developing programs that attract qualified candidates from diverse and underrepresented groups.
- Maintains and builds relationships and partnerships with national, state, local, community-based and professional organizations that have been strategically identified by leadership to develop mutually beneficial programming that further the College’s diversity goals including, veterans’ centers, state job banks and state workforce development offices.
- Works with Admin HR Services Manager and Assistant Manager to create an optimal hiring and onboarding environment for the Campus Services Division.
- Assists with other duties for the department as required.
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.--:
Performs other duties as assigned.