Faculty/Academic StaffMajor Administrative Unit / College:
Provost And Academic AffairsDepartment:
Student Athlete Support Services 10050497Sub Area:
FAS- Fac./Acad StaffSalary:
Salary Commensurate with ExperienceLocation:
Athletics/Recreation, Education/Training, Student Services/Student Affairs, Advising/Counseling, Fixed Term Academic Staff, Full Time (90-100%), Non-Union, Remote-Friendly
The Learning Specialist (LS) is responsible for prescreening, evaluating, identifying and providing resources to facilitate the academic success of student-athletes who require special accommodations while upholding and maintaining the highest standards of academic integrity and adhering to University, conference, and NCAA academic conduct and regulations.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct individual one-on-one sessions with students to help them develop academic skills and learning strategies
- Provide assistive technology training and guidance for qualified students
- Serve as a certified scribe for eligible student-athletes
- Assist Executive Director with projects as needed and assigned
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Masters -Counseling, Education, or related field
- Master's degree in Counseling, Education, or related field required.
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations required.
- A minimum of 1 year working in a Division I Intercollegiate Athletics program preferred.
- Experience successfully providing academic support to collegiate student-athletes who qualify for learning assistance is preferred.
- Candidate must have proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of computer technology designed for word processing and database management.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three references
Together-we-will StatementThe university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
Remote Work Statement
MSU strives to provide a flexible work environment and this position has been designated as remote-friendly. Remote-friendly means some or all of the duties can be performed remotely as mutually agreed upon.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: May 4, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: May 18, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time