Job no: 495745
Work type: Full Time
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Requested Start Date:
June 6, 2022
Normal Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., some evenings and weekends may be required during peak times
The Human Resource Assistant facilitates daily administration of the University’s personnel records systems and employment processes; ensures all personnel records meet the guidelines for traceable, verifiable and completeness; ensures the accurate and effective maintenance of HRIS including: personnel status updates, rehires and new hires; ensuring employee data is correctly entered; and is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely completion and processing of all new hire paperwork and record changes. This position works collaboratively with all HR and Payroll team members.
- Oversees the scanning all personnel records documents into the electronic imaging system, ensuring proper indexing.
- Responsible for overseeing and training Student Employees working at the Front Desk, managing their work schedules and work assignments.
- Establishes and maintains procedures to ensure all personnel records are adequately controlled.
- Assists with records retention schedules, policies, procedures and manuals for records management, records imaging.
- Maintains communication with employees and supervisors related to incomplete Contracts and new hire paperwork.
- Maintains clear and ongoing communication with the Payroll Office to ensure timely and accurate processing of personnel changes for payroll processing.
- Responsible for entering and maintaining employee information in Banner/Ellucian; ensuring the accurate input of employee information, examples: status changes, and personnel data changes.
- Responsible for maintaining all personnel records and files including administering the termination audit process.
- Responsible for cultivating and maintaining professional relationships and networking with other employees and departments.
- Assists in the collection of records information for reports and statistical research.
- Audits personnel records as scheduled, ensuring completeness and accuracy, and manages all processes for records retention and security.
- Provides assistance in facilitating the pre-employment processes including the screening of new hires via E-Verify Process.
- Provides support to other HR team members as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Oversees front desk operations. Provides assistance to student assistant(s) and covers in the absence of the student assistant(s).
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Associates Degree, and minimum of to (2) years clerical work experience in an office setting, or
- High school diploma or equivalent, and four (4) years’ experience in the human resources field (two years’ HR experience may be substituted for at least five (5) years’ administrative support experience) or
- degree and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or related field and
- ability to accurately manage records database
- attention to detail and effective time management
- Cover Letter
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://clerycenter.org/policy-resources/the-clery-act/ the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: May 03 2022 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: May 17 2022 Central Daylight Time