Teachers Aide - Child and Family Development Resource Center
CHILD AND FAMILYDEVELOPMENT RESOURCE CENTER
Part-time Teachers Aide (University Assistant): 19 hours/week
Support the mission of the Child and Family Development Resource Center to provide state of the art, best teaching practices to meet the needs of children and families.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Director of the Child and Family Development Resource Center, the University Assistant will:
Collaborate with a classroom teaching team to plan and carry out classroom curriculum based on goals from the Connecticut Office of Early Childhood. Demonstrate an ability to lead a classroom (i.e. group time, story time). Assist the classroom team in assuring that licensing regulations are upheld. Maintain and improve professional competence by participating in monthly Center-wide team meetings and/or development. Maintain current CPR/First Aid certification. Perform related duties as required.
- Assist in teaching young children providing for individual needs in all areas of development and arranging classroom and outdoor environment to meet developmental needs.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Twelvecredits in Early Childhood Education
- One to two years successful experience working with young children.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Experienceworking in a laboratory school.
- Experience working withdiverse populations.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
The University Assistant reports to the Director of the CFDRC (Admin V)
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, an updated resume, contact information for three references and proof of any current CPR/First Aid training to [email protected]