St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis, in the heart of growing St. Charles County. At St. Charles Community College, we have a passion for student success. We serve a growing diverse student population, and we are committed to increasing the diversity of our faculty and staff who will help prepare our students for a global society. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated success in serving diverse student populations.
St. Charles Community College invites qualified candidates to apply for the full-time, fixed term (one academic year), Medical Assistant Faculty position to begin teaching in August for the fall 2022 semester.
The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to excellence in teaching and student learning. Candidates will demonstrate their ability to embrace the use of technology in instruction and assessment. Preferred candidates will maintain the highest possible standards in the classroom and abide by and observe college policies. The instructor will be responsible for assessing student performance throughout their 15-credit hour teaching load each semester. Medical Assistant courses taught over two semesters include:
- MDA-115 Pharmacology & Administration of Medications
- MDA-116 Pharmacology & Administration of Med Medications (Clinical)
- MDA-120 Administrative Procedures
- MDA-121 Medical Specialties
- MDA-140 Procedures in a Clinical Setting
- MDA-141 Procedures in a Clinical Setting (Clinical)
- MDA-150 Professional Capstone and RMA Exam Review
- MDA-151 Clinical Externship
- A Bachelor of Science degree in a related Allied Health Science field.
- Experience teaching preferably at the college-level
- Demonstrate and embrace the use of technology with instruction
- Maintain the highest possible stands in classroom instruction and assessment.
- Current or past CMA or RMA certification or willingness to sit for RMA credentialing exam.
- Able to teach across other disciplines in Allied Health Science programs
Minimum starting salaries: Instructor: $54,852; Assistant Professor: $60,424; Associate Professor: $66,427
To apply: Submit one complete applicant packet containing all of the following: cover letter explaining teaching experience and/or philosophy of teaching, resume, three reference contacts, and a copy of graduate transcripts.
Review of applications for full consideration and candidate selection should be received by no later than May 23, 2022
St. Charles Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.