: Student Financial Planning and ServicesLocations:
: Franklin, MAPosted:
: Mar 10, 2022Closes:
: Jun 30, 2022 - 11:59 PM EDTType:
: Full-Time Fiscal YearPosition ID:
About Dean College:
Dean College is a private, residential New England college grounded in a culture and tradition that all students deserve the opportunity to discover and exceed their greatest aspirations. A personal and transformative community since 1865, Dean tirelessly inspires our students to unimagined heights through personalized support and integrated delivery of academic, co-curricular and experiential learning. Our graduates are lifelong learners who thrive in their careers, embrace social responsibility and demonstrate leadership.
Recognized as a Top Regional College by U.S. News & World Report for eleven consecutive years and named a College of Distinction for five consecutive years, Dean serves approximately 1,200 full-time students and 400 part-time students and offers more than 50 combined bachelor's and associate degree programs and specializations, as well as a robust schedule of continuing studies, EMT and certificate programs throughout the year.
Dean College is perfectly situated in Franklin, Massachusetts, which is conveniently located between Boston and Providence, Rhode Island and is accessible to Boston by commuter rail. The Dean College/Franklin station is only a five-minute walk from campus. Approximately 87 percent of the College's student population lives on campus.
Dean provides a supportive academic environment that thrives on hands-on engagement and exceptional teaching. This community-wide commitment of always going the extra mile for students is known as The Dean Difference. Outside of the classroom, students participate in 16 athletic teams and more than 30 on-campus groups and organizations.
Ninety-six percent of our bachelor's degree students are employed or enrolled in graduate school within 12 months of graduation. Alumni are hard at work in top-ranked graduate programs and are employed by organizations such as Universal Studios, Dell Technologies, Liberty Mutual, Kraft Sports + Entertainment, the Boston Ballet, and more.
What is The Dean Difference?
The Dean Difference isn't any one thing. It's not a program or a professor. It's not a single class or a club. It's the way our academics support networks and community overlap, interweave and magnify each other. Our difference unites us. It's our secret formula. It's the nucleus around which we orbit. It isn't one thing, it's everything
Reporting to the Assistant Controller. This position works closely with others in the Finance Department as well Human Resources. This person will work with other departments in assisting them with their accounting and payroll needs as well as work with outside auditors and agencies as it relates to the responsibilities of the job.
- Responsible for all aspects of fixed asset accounting including recording in the fixed assets module, depreciation calculation, reconciliation to the general ledger and annual budget.
- Responsible for processing various payrolls by working closely with HR to ensure the accurate and timely processing.
- Responsible for the payment and recording of payroll taxes and various benefits.
- Responsible for the preparation and filing of quarterly and annual tax reports.
- Perform monthly or quarterly reconciliations of assigned accounts.
- Prepare yearend audit workpapers for payroll related accounts, fixed asset and other areas as assigned.
- Provide support to the Assistant Controller and Controller.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, required
- 3 years of relevant accounting experience, required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.), required
- Experience using Ellucian Colleague, preferred
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, required
- Strong technical computer, analytic skills and attention to detail, required
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the demonstrated ability to work as a collaborative team player, required
- COVID-19 Vaccination and Vaccine Booster Shot, required
Dean College is an equal-opportunity, Title IX institution and pledges to recruit, select and promote diversity by providing equality of opportunity in higher education for all persons, including faculty and staff with respect to hiring, continuation, promotion, and applicants for admission, enrolled students and graduates without discrimination or segregation.
The College is interested in candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of colleagues, students, faculty, and community members. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis.
Dean College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law.
This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in College programs, services, and activities. A pre-employment background screen is required for all employees.
Please submit your Resume/CV, Cover Letter, and contact information of three references. (PLEASE NOTE: Applications that are incomplete will not be considered).
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload your Cover Letter and any additional documents.
See the FAQ for using our online system.
Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your Dean College Careers Account to check your completed application or upload additional documents.