Director of Football OperationsFull Time/Part Time:
Colgate Athletics seeks to be a welcoming and diverse association of students, coaches, staff, alumni and fans in which all people are treated equitably and respectfully, and can contribute fully to our success; we share common goals, we affirm open communication and civility, we honor the sacredness of each person, we accept responsibility to act for the common good, we care for and serve one another, and we honor our history while celebrating our evolution; and, we strive to consistently perform at the upper range of our potential, to get better every day with a goal to win – to win in competition, in the classroom, in the community and in the lives of every member of the Colgate Community.Accountabilities:
Manage all aspects of team and staff recruiting travel including arranging flights, hotelName:
accommodations, ground transportation, team per diem and trip itineraries.
Reconciliation of team and staff travel expenses following University and Athletics Business Office policies and procedures.
Manage all aspects of official and unofficial campus visits of prospect student-athletes; booking travel and hotel accommodations when applicable and submitting required compliance documentation.
Manage all procurement and purchasing services for program.
Support the execution of game competition contracts, both home and away games.
Serve as sport liaison with Athletics Administration for personnel and payroll issues.
Assist Head Coach with budget management for program.
Manage documentation and support of incoming and returning students including admissions, housing, student-athlete development, financial aid, eligibility and clearinghouse data for the teams.
Manage preparation and coordination of recruiting correspondence for mail or electronic
Work collaboratively with communications and creative services unit on social media strategy and presence for program.
Maintain confidential and routine records, such as financial aid records, NLI forms,
budget reports, compliance forms, procurement documents, competition forms and student-athlete class schedules.
Comply with all NCAA, Patriot League and Colgate University rules, regulations and
Other duties as assigned by the coaches and sports administration team.
Demonstrated ability to effectively utilize all university productivity applications (e.g. MS Office, Concur, EMS, CMS, and Google) to include:
- collecting, updating, formatting and organizing moderately complex data such as sorts, filters, charts, pivot tables, all basic to intermediate level formulae, table of content formatting, mail merges, track changes and other similar features.
Demonstrated ability to efficiently leverage standard office software to manage calendars, contacts and email correspondence for department staff.Name:
- Demonstrated ability to plan, manage, coordinate or oversee events requiring a high level of coordination and collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to source and negotiate favorable contract terms and service delivery from vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively produce and manage RSVP lists and special requests of participants.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate all aspects of planning events.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly, efficiently and inexpensively alter plans.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively create travel plans involving multiple modes of transportation, destinations and lodging.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly, efficiently and inexpensively alter travel plans and itineraries.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently stay within university travel restrictions and guidelines.
Technical Data SystemsDescription:
- Demonstrated ability to utilize relevant data systems/software, e.g. Enterprise Resource Planning tool (Banner), Business Intelligence (Tableau), ARMS, and TeamWorks.
- Demonstrated ability to enter, manipulate, query and export all data sets used in day-to-day situations.
- Demonstrated ability to use all day-to-day and core functionality of all relevant systems.
- Demonstrated mastery of commonly used Colgate and divisional/functional administrative policies and practices.
- Has knowledge sufficient to follow administrative procedures and processes that are most critical to the department.
- Has knowledge sufficient to train others on all core and common administrative procedures.
- Has knowledge sufficient to create desktop aids or guides in the execution of common administrative procedures and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively pull together sensitive and moderately complex data and information into an organized and cohesive product.
- Demonstrated ability to create welcoming and professional environment for all constituents, including but not limited to colleagues, coaches, prospective and current student-athletes, alumni, and parents.
- Demonstrated ability to use positive, engaging communications.
- Demonstrated ability to listen, respond effectively and follow up appropriately, while being mindful and attentive to feedback.
- Makes use of specialized knowledge to assist others in resolving problems.
- Identifies opportunities for improving customer service methods.
- Demonstrated ability to strategize long-range stewardship opportunities and methods to advance the mission of the program particularly with prospective students and alumni.
Personal Accountability for ResultsDescription:
- Takes responsibility for decisions, performance, and outcomes;
- behaves in a responsible manner with a positive attitude;
- shows self-awareness and openness to feedback.
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills;
- shares information and seeks input from others;
- adapts communication to diverse audiences;
- protects private and confidential information.
Problem Solving and Decision MakingDescription:
- Analyzes and prioritizes situations to identify and solve problems;
- generates solutions to improve efficiency and quality;
- involves others in solving problems and making decisions;
- factors organizational goals into decisions;
- makes clear, transparent, and timely decisions.
- Responds positively to changing university initiatives and readily adapts behavior to maintain effective performance;
- understands the long-term direction of the university and can relate this to departmental area;
- adapts to new methodologies;
- identifies and acts on areas where change is appropriate.
Leadership and TeamworkDescription:
- Applies skills and knowledge to provide a climate to achieve departmental and organizational success;
- balances individual and department goals;
- helps others perform at their best;
- builds productive relationships to enhance individual and organizational effectiveness;
- treats others with respect;
- resolves conflicts among team members.
Creativity and InnovationDescription:
- Generates, explores, encourages, and implements innovative ways of creating strategic value for the university, division, department, and individual level;
- critically assesses the effectiveness of new initiatives.
Diversity and InclusionDescription:
- Demonstrates respect for people and their differences;
- understands the benefits of a diverse workforce;
- earns the trust and respect of others;
- includes and welcomes others;
- works to understand the perspective of others;
- promotes opportunities to experience diversity within our community.
Professional Experience/ Qualifications:
- Understands the impact of decision making and personal behavior in achieving the university’s commitment to a sustainable and carbon-neutral campus;
- supports and advances the university’s sustainability initiatives;
- influences others to use sustainable practices.
Bachelor’s degree AND two (2) years of experience in sport operations or equivalent combination of education and relevant experiencePreferred Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree AND 2 – 5 years of experience in Division I football operationsEducation:
Bachelor’s degree requiredOther Information:
Master’s degree preferred
Colgate University is committed to the principle of institutional control in administering its athletics program in a manner consistent with the NCAA, ECAC, and Patriot League rules. Each individual involved in the athletics division is obligated to maintain competency and knowledge of the rules, to act within their realm of responsibility in full compliance with the governing legislation, and to report any violation of NCAA, ECAC or Patriot League rules of which they are aware. Should a situation warrant further investigation, you have an affirmative obligation to cooperate full in the infractions process, including the investigation and adjudication of a case. The failure to do so can be grounds for your termination with cause.Requisition Number:
NoJob Open Date:
05/03/2022Open Until Filled:
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking, familial status, or any other categories covered by law. Colgate is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, women, persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.Clery Act:
CAMPUS CRIME REPORTING AND STATISTICS
The Campus Safety Department will provide upon request a copy of Colgate’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. This report includes statistics as reported to the United States Department of Education for the previous three years concerning reported: 1. crimes that occurred on-campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Colgate University; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus and 2. fires that occurred in student housing facilities. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security and fire safety, such as policies concerning sexual assault, life safety systems, and other related matters. To obtain a copy, contact the Campus Safety Compliance Manager via e-mail at [email protected]. You may also access the report from the Campus Safety web page at: www.colgate.edu/offices/support/campussafety.