Research Administrator 3 (Remote/Hybrid Opportunity)
School of Medicine, Redwood City, California, United States
The Department of Pediatrics is seeking a highly motivated Research Administrator 3
to join an elite group of dedicated and talented professionals in the central research administration finance team. This is an opportunity for someone who thrives working in a team environment and contributing to the research mission associated with child health.
Reporting to the Team Manager of Research Administration, the position will coordinate regularly with the Pediatrics Central Research Administration Finance Team (PCRAFT
), while overseeing her/his own research financial portfolio. This position is responsible for cost analysis, forecasting, variance analysis, capital equipment acquisition, processing financial transactions, preparing journal entries and labor distribution schedules/adjustments, transfer of expenses from clearing accounts, reconciling accounts, budget preparation, award set-up, interim reporting, including closeout of accounts in the portfolio. The research administrator will coordinate regularly with faculty, division managers, administrative peers and campus partners and will serve as a primary point of contact for administration of research-related activities in compliance with sponsor, department, and university guidelines and government regulations to ensure smooth management of projects. The successful candidate will have a minimum of five years' prior professional experience managing research awards and budgets, preferably in a university environment or five years of professional experience in the financial/accounting sector. The candidate should be able to influence refinements of processes and positive outcomes; encourage and support independent thinking; recognize and acknowledge the skills of team members and utilize their strengths to the benefit of the team; inspire and motivate teamwork for achieving goals; and cultivate a culture of excellence. The working title of this position is Senior Research Finance Manager
. This position offers flexible workspace arrangements which include telecommuting and/or remote working. Qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter.Duties include:
- May develop, prepare, revise, and finalize project budgets (IE: internal funding opportunities); obtain cost sharing commitment and support. Serve as liaison and active partner between principal investigators, Office of Research Administration, research groups, and other departments; respond to sponsor inquiries; advise of new regulations.
- Collaborate with Office of Research Administration to ensure awards are set up properly and cost-sharing requirements are fulfilled; initiate cost transfers.
- Review and approve expenditures, advise on post award spending and commitment activity, and oversee compliance related to fund and revenue.
- Develop and communicate reports supporting project status; create forecasting models, scenarios, and decision aides.
- Manage contract closeout process and audit inquiries; submit final reports and certificates.
- Interpret complex university and government policies (FAR, Cost Accounting Standards, Office of Management and Budget circulars, sponsored guidelines, etc.) for project and university personnel and help guide other staff in interpreting complex policies.
- Identify and implement process improvements. May participate in and lead cross campus projects. Train and advise on issues requiring specific technical expertise.
- Oversee and review work of other staff; supervise, train and mentor other staff.
- Serve as a resource on subject area to principal investigator staff.
* - Other duties may also be assigned DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Extensive knowledge of policies related to research administration (Uniform Guidance, sponsor policies and practices)
- Knowledge and experience with grant and contract administration and managing the financial aspects of sponsored projects
- Strong understanding of Stanford systems: Stanford Electronic Research Administration (SeRA), Oracle Financials, Faculty Financial Inquiry Tool, iLab, Business Intelligence reporting module
- Supervisory experience
Bachelor's degree and five years of job related experience, or combination of education and experience.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Expert knowledge and fluency of governmental regulations (e.g. FAR, A-21, A-110, A-133, CAS).
- Knowledge and ability to understand, interpret, and communicate university policies and procedures.
- Excellent oral, written, and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills; demonstrated proficiency in Excel and web-based tools.
- Strong accounting skills; knowledge of accounting principles.
- Knowledge of procurement needs, including sole-sourcing, cost analyses, vendor requirements, and small business reporting.
- Strong knowledge of property management requirements related to Stanford or non-Stanford title of equipment and fabrications.
- Expert in project management, including managing international collaborations and complex multi-sub award contracts.
- Knowledge of personnel management, including proposing effort for and training and hiring of students, post-doctoral scholars, academic appointments, regular staff, bargaining unit staff, and consultants, along with the circumstances appropriate for each type of position.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to review a proposal or manage a project with understanding of the overall scope and goal of each sponsored project.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Cardinal Curriculum I and II must be completed to remain in this position.
- Certified Research Administrator, Accountant or Auditor, MBA, project management certification, or similar credential desired.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/3054779
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly, use fine manipulation and perform desk-based computer tasks, lift, carry, push and pull objects weighing up to ten pounds.
- Occasionally stand, walk, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, write by hand and sort and file paperwork or parts.
- Rarely lift, carry, push and pull objects weighing 11-20 pounds.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency