Directing Business Partner, Recruiting Services (US - Flexible Work Location)
School of Medicine, Redwood City, California, United States
The Stanford University School of Medicine is seeking a Director, Recruiting Services,
reporting to the Sr. Director, Talent Strategy in the Human Resources Group. This position will play a key role in designing and delivering talent acquisition services within the School, in alignment with our missions of teaching, research and patient care. This is an opportunity to bring experience in leading recruiting teams in a Center of Excellence (COE), or Shared Services environment to drive the school's talent acquisition services and to partner with department leaders and hiring managers on strategies customized for recruiting and retaining staff in roles in research, administration, and finance; -- all within a dynamic and changing environment.
The Director is a key member of the School's Human Resources Group's Operations Team, partnering closely with senior department directors and managers and collaborating with other partners in the school to advance and improve talent acquisition, candidate experience, new hire engagement, retention, and internal mobility. This is a unique opportunity to lead a team of recruiters, sourcers, and coordinators in the expansion of a new service model that measures success through customer satisfaction, and quality of hire. Additionally, this role will oversee the campus recruiting program which is instrumental in the efforts of the school to hire new grads into research staff roles each year.
The Director, Recruiting Services position will have flexibility to be based anywhere in the U.S., for candidates who are able to travel to the Stanford School of Medicine campus 15% to 20% of the time as in-office work resumes in 2022. Responsibilities:
- Provide thought leadership on talent acquisition strategy, direction, advice, and counsel to department Directors of Finance & Administration, HR Managers, and faculty and staff hiring managers, to recruit and retain top staff talent in the areas of research, administration, and finance.
- Manage a team of 6 to 10 in the design and execution of talent processes, tools and frameworks for School of Medicine in support of annual hiring in excess of 1k requisitions annually
- Lead the development of strategy and execution of talent acquisition services that grows with the needs of hiring managers and department leaders
- Supervise talent acquisition portfolio managers charged with specific responsibilities to design and deliver programs and solutions for hiring departments.
- Translate business strategy into talent strategy for the school, with a focus on staff hiring in research, administration, and finance.
- Evaluate results from talent success criteria and school management metrics, and make recommendations based on evaluations.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our people proudly reflect the diversity and ideas of the communities we serve. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED)
- 3+ years experience managing teams of recruiters / sourcers
- Experience managing recruiting teams in a Center of Excellence or Shared Services model
- Experience recruiting for highly technical roles such as scientific, engineering, or technology
- Experience building out new recruiting models or functions
Master's degree and ten years of relevant experience, or a combination or education and relevant experience.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED)
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong partnerships with the internal clients to include senior human resources partners, members of the management team, and hiring managers
- Demonstrated ability to articulate vision and strategy and execute a functional plan/roadmap.
- Proven track record of successfully leading recruiting teams in the delivery of services in a COE or Shared Services model.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, retain and develop a team of recruiters and sources.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, integrity, and self-confidence.
- Strong ability to lead though influence and advocacy; able to skillfully influence peers, colleagues, and vendors to promote and sell ideas; ability to build broad-based relationships across the organization.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, perform desk based computer tasks, use a telephone, and grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally twist/bend/stoop/squat, reach/work above shoulders, grasp forcefully, writing by hand, sort/file paperwork, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, operate foot and/or hand controls.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.WORKING CONDITIONS:
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/3054757
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Travel to campus to schools/units 15% to 20% of time
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency