Financial Analyst 2
Land, Buildings and Real Estate, Redwood City, California, United States
Welcome to Land, Buildings & Real Estate:
Land, Buildings & Real Estate (LBRE) is the operational core of Stanford University's physical campus. LBRE constructs and maintains the Stanford campus, where advancements across the academic spectrum are made possible. Our work is founded upon the collective value of dedication, innovation, expertise, teamwork, and continuous improvement. We are committed to serving the university's academic mission, as well as preserving and enhancing Stanford's 8,180 acres, and pride ourselves on supporting the teaching and research of the university as “Caretakers of a Legacy."Who We Are:
Finance & Administration (F&A) provides the foundation for Land, Buildings & Real Estate (LBRE) operations including budgets, capital funding coordination and documentation, information technology systems, authority and approvals, internal controls, compliance, accounting and reporting and human resources for LBRE. We are the liaison with other university financial departments, Research Administration, Human Resources, the Cabinet and Board of Trustees.
Within F&A is the Finance for Operations group, which is comprised of three teams: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Finance Operations (FinOps) and Finance P2P. This position is part of the FP&A team.Who you are:
You have a passion for all things math, systems and business. You realized that Finance perfectly blends these together and this is why you pursued a career in Finance! You are also a financial analyst who is highly analytical and communicates effectively with anyone within an organization. You possess strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal. You have a proven track record of using analysis to influence decision-making, and can successfully articulate insights and outcomes to executives and peers. That means that you can take financial data and translate that into a story that is understandable for our non-technical staff and leave the financial jargon out of it when necessary.
You are more than comfortable with technology, both financial systems and non-financial systems. You have used Adaptive Planning before, but even if you haven't, that's ok because you have the agility to learn new things and require minimal supervision after that. You embrace technology as you realize that it is a perfect complement to financial data analysis.
Proactive monitoring of transactions is second nature to you, not only that but you are able to interpret internal policies, rules and compliance along with external regulations to ensure that the proper action is taken. You understand the importance of strong internal controls and use that knowledge to make processes better.
You can Identify and resolve unique issues with substantial significance; recognize exceptions, conduct in-depth analysis using advanced technical knowledge and experience. You possess excellent excel skills and use it creatively to analyze data, develop complex budget and planning scenarios.
You like to share your knowledge with others because you thrive in a collaborative environment. While you may be new to a role or even new to using a system, once you learn it, you enjoy sharing that knowledge with team members.
You are meticulously detail oriented, insatiably curious, and full of integrity.Who will you support:
There are many departments at LBRE, your primary focus will be on, but not limited to, Facilities Operations. Facilities Operations is responsible for maintaining the academic buildings and grounds of the Stanford campus and is the operations and maintenance side of the Land, Buildings & Real Estate organization. Facilities Operations functions as stewards of campus physical assets and provider of support services.What work will you do**:
- Financial planning and analysis for various FacOps departments; develop detailed annual budget, full-mid-year reforecast, capital plan, critically investigate and write up informative variance explanations. Present high level summary of recommendations to stakeholders.
- Interpret, implement and ensure compliance with university policies and procedures (particularly as related to service centers and various fund types).
- Perform and design ad hoc analyses of large complex data sets. Reconcile multiple complex clearing accounts.
- Develop complex budget and forecasting scenarios, long-range planning and analyses for financial reporting and presentations.
- Identify and resolve unique issues with substantial significance; recognize exceptions. Participate in developing solutions that may require policy changes or the development of new processes.
- Execute internal control programs established by management, research new regulations, and recommend and implement approved changes.
- Participate as a member of a project team; support new initiative. Make decisions determining approach to managing and completing processes.
- Develop and maintain desktop procedures and process documentation for area of responsibility.
- Provide consulting advice to client group(s). Assess client and business needs, and formulate recommendations to determine approach to managing and completing processes. Support negotiations with external partners.
- May supervise, train, coach, and review the work of other staff, as needed. Contribute primarily through applying individual expertise
- This and many other financial adventures await your arrival…
Additional duties as applicable to the roleWhat we are looking for:
Preferred but not required:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics and four years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- You are proficient with excel - advanced formula use.
- Advanced proficiency in business applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial systems and aptitude to learn new systems
- Strong verbal and written communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to work independently and as a team player
- Proven ability to perform with a high degree of accuracy under tight deadlines and ability to effectively multitask.
- Strong project management skills and ability to contribute to or lead part of a multi-functional team.
Why Stanford is for You
- Proficiency with Oracle systems in general
- Proficiency with Adaptive Planning
- MBA or CPA
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Check out the Our culture
and unique perks
empower you with:
How to Apply
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
We invite you to apply by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. Don't forget to attach your resume.*The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.*Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. *Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.*Final offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of national criminal background check, national sex offender registry search and, where applicable, driving record.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/3054751
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency