HR Services Sr. Representative
We are seeking an HR Services Senior Representative
and this position is located within the HR shared services center and is responsible for entering HR transactions into the SAP system in a timely and accurate manner. The HR Services Senior Representative will process all human resources related transactions including on-boarding (new hires), salary changes, leave of absences, supplemental pays, terminations, I9s and tax forms in SAP.
This individual will serve as a mentor for the HR representative position with regards to SAP system knowledge and HR practices and regulations as related to the processing of HR transactions. The HR shared service center is a high volume call center. The candidate for this position must be team oriented, have the ability to multi task and meet deadlines on a consistent basis. Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Review individual service requisitions (ISRs) ensuring all required information is available for entry into the SAP system.
- Enter HR transactions into the SAP system in accordance with established quality and accuracy standards.
- Work with payroll staff and HR offices to resolve SAP data integrity issues.
- Assist the HR supervisor with establishing and improving upon defined HR procedures and processing methods to efficiently and accurately meet production and performance goals.
- Develop a thorough understanding of HR SAP functionality including how the HR module interfaces with other SAP modules.
- Recommend SAP functionality enhancements to management.
- Be detailed oriented and have the ability to multi task and plan work priorities around payroll processing deadlines.
- Work with the HR supervisor and other areas of HR shared services to identify areas for improvement and design responding initiatives.
- Be proactive in identifying and implementing workable solutions to business issues with the assistance of HR supervisor.
- Work with all staff members within HR shared services to create and manage effective relationships within the unit and build relationships enterprise-wide.
- Answer phone calls in a high volume environment and assist customers with inquiries.
- Enter issues or inquiries received via e-mail or phone into case management software. Monitor or route issues and close cases as resolved in accordance with HR Shared Services standards.
- Assist other HR senior representatives as needed.
- Responsible for quality assurance for HR transactions.
- Assist the HR supervisor with monitoring and evaluating HR transaction work flow and volume in order to meet production and performance goals.
- Work closely with the HR supervisor and payroll to establish or revise human resources transaction processing as necessary.
- Responsible for creating a work environment that maintains confidentiality.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a team environment among coworkers within the unit.
- Other duties as assigned.
*JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.Preferred Qualifications:
- High School/GED.
- Two years of experience working in a call center or HR environment is required.
- 6 months ERP experience (preferably with SAP) is required.
- Additional education may be substituted for years of experience. *
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of SAP, Human Resources and Johns Hopkins policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business (accounting, management), Human Resources or Management Information Systems.
- Have outstanding analytical and problem solving skills.
- Be detailed oriented.
- Have demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work assignments.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with different levels of management.
- Have the ability to use Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Have strong customer service orientation.
- Have demonstrated ability in the use of information system technology to improve operational processes.
Classified Title: HR Services Sr. Representative
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/02/OF
Starting Salary Range: $20.02 - $21.53/hr (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30-5
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Eastern High Campus
Department name: HR Shared Services
Personnel area: University Administration
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at [email protected]
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-HR-Services-Sr_-Representative-MD-21218/851693000/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency