Senior Financial Aid Counselor - Processing
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion. Location
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060. Job Summary
Counsels and advises students and parents on the various financial aid programs. Assists with the administration of one or more federal, state, or institutional financial aid programs. Evaluates Financial Aid applications in order to determine student eligibility for various financial aid programs and performs data collection and record keeping duties. Responsibilities
1. Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of financial aid at the federal, state and institutional levels
2. Reviews student's eligibility for federal, state, and institutional programs and ensures student's files are accurate and completed in a timely manner
3. Manages federal and state processes or programs, including but not limited to awarding, application download and tracking, CFlags, private loans, consortium agreements, HOPE and Zell Miller scholarships, HERO Scholarship, Federal Work Study, Return to Title IV, private scholarships, etc.
4. Responds to student inquiries by working the front desk, responding to tickets from the Communications Center and email inquiries from students; contacts outside entities to resolve student data conflicts, included but not limited to, servicers, state and federal agencies
5. Ability to understand and research issues related to various federal and state systems including but not limited to: CPS, EDE, NSLDS, COD, and Surfer
6. Reviews and analyzes daily exception reports to resolve issues and complete student files
7. Reviews and audits completed work to ensure accuracy and compliance, recommends changes based on workflow and productivity issues
8. Participates in annual trainings and professional development to keep abreast of new information and program changes Required Qualifications Educational Requirements
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related fieldRequired Experience
Two (2) years relevant experience in financial aid Preferred Qualifications Additional Preferred Qualifications
National Association of Student Aid Administrators (NASFAA) credentialsPreferred Educational Qualifications
Masters degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related fieldPreferred Experience
Previous experience in a financial aid office at an institution of higher education
Working and tested knowledge of Banner (Ellucian) Proposed Salary
Pay Grade: Exempt 04 Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities ABILITIES
Ability to understand, interpret, and synthesize information from students/parents to effectively counsel
Ability to diffuse difficult and emotional situations
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlinesKNOWLEDGE
Working and tested knowledge of state program rules and regulations, as they pertain to financial aid in the State of Georgia
Working and tested knowledge of Title IV rules and regulations, as they pertain to Federal Student Financial Aid
Working knowledge of and abides by the regulations of Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)SKILLS
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite, Ellucian Banner Financial Aid Module, USG GA Modifications to Banner)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415 Other Information
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time Background Check
- Standard Enhanced + Education
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=242650&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency