Athletic Trainer (Part-Time, As Needed) - 2 positions
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Kinesiology, Nutrition & Athletics
Position Description FIRST APPLICATION REVIEW DATE: MAY 23, 2022
This is a part-time, as needed Professional Expert position from May through December, 2022 and January through June 2023. Under general direction, coordinate all functions related to the college's athletic trainer program. Responsibilities
Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSAny bachelor's degree and two years of professional experience. The professional experience required must be verifiable and directly related to the assignment.Current certification as an athletic trainer by the National Athletic Trainers' Association Board of Certification (NATABOC).Clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS?Master's degree in kinesiology, physical education, exercise science, education with an emphasis in physical education, kinesiology, physiology of exercise or adaptive physical education; OR Bachelors' degree in any of the above AND master's degree in any life science, dance, physiology, health education recreation administration or physical therapy.Additional Information SPECIAL CONDITIONSWorking hours: 40 hours/week. May be Monday through Friday, weekends, evenings, and holidays.Must be available to work evenings, weekends and/or holidays as work necessitates and as assigned.Local travel is required on a regular basis, and in-state travel is required occasionally.Must possess a valid California Driver's License (with no restrictions).Must be able to pass a criminal investigation and reference/background check which includes receiving clearance from the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of investigation (based on resident history outside California).
- Direct the work of assistant trainers and other training staff
- Completion and submission of all required compliance and clearance processes
- Eligible to teach classes in first aid, CPR, and sports medicine.
- Participate with a physician or follow a physician's advice to prevent and treat athletic injuries.
- Tape, strap, and bandage athletes to prevent injuries and to aid in rehabilitation.
- Render first aid to Kinesiology students until school nurse arrives.
- Clean, dress, and bandage minor injuries.
- Create rehabilitation programs for student athletes not requiring a physician.
- Oversee rehabilitation programs as prescribed by a physician; operate a variety of therapeutic equipment.
- Complete injury reports and notify appropriate parties.
- Assist athletic director and dean in the purchasing, maintenance, and inventory of athletic equipment.
- Maintenance of certification by the National Athletic Trainers' Association Board of Certification (NATABOC).
- Must complete and pass annual recruiting examination.
- Abide by all departmental, District, conference and state policies and procedures.
- Must possess a valid California Driver's License.
- Drive District vehicles.
- Develop plans necessary for operations of the athletic training program.
- Develop and maintain a student athletic training program.
- Facilitate an out of season sports training program.
- Recruit students for the athletic training program.
- Create partnerships with local high school and college programs.
Chaffey College recently implemented an online electronic application system. Our new application can be accessed at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey
. The application must be completely filled out in detail and clearly show that you meet the qualifications as set forth in the announcement, and you must upload the following documents:Please do not include any additional documents only the documents that are indicated below. If you upload documents that are not required, your application may be disqualified. Please do not submit letters of recommendation or documents that contain your photograph. Cover LetterResumeCopy of college level transcripts (Transcripts must indicate degree earned/conferred - photocopies or computer printouts are acceptable. Transcripts of all degrees applicable to meeting the minimum qualifications for this position must be included. Copies of diplomas/degrees are NOT acceptable in lieu of transcripts. Foreign transcripts must be transcribed and evaluated in English by a bona fide evaluation service. Official sealed transcripts will be required upon hire.) CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a part-time, as needed, professional expert position. Continued employment is contingent upon funding and approval of the Chaffey College Governing Board. The salary starts at $28.31 per hour
Upon conditional job offer, applicant must provide the District proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and submit to and pass a background check as a prerequisite to being hired. Being able and ready to work onsite at a Chaffey facility or location is an essential function of this job. Being able and ready to work in-person with Chaffey students, Chaffey employees, or other members of the Chaffey community/Chaffey partners/Chaffey contractors is an essential function of this job.
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/chaffey/jobs/3538534/athletic-trainer-part-time-as-needed-2-positions
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency