The Enrollment Counselor works as a member of the Admissions Team, assisting the Director of Admissions with managing all aspects of the admissions funnel for prospective students, including an assigned geographic territory. Academic advising at Presentation College involves assessing student needs, goals, interest and prior academic experiences in order to guide students in the design and implementation of a successful academic plan. Enrollment Counselors are responsible for advising students and collaborating with faculty members to address the academic advising needs of individuals or groups of students. Enrollment Counselors are also responsible for understanding and interpreting College policies and academic options of all undergraduate degree and certificate programs to help facilitate the student’s academic success.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide academic advising to returning students, individually or in groups, about college policies, programs of study and degree options. Provide students with information about alternatives and possible consequences of academic decisions.
- Interpret and administer Presentation College policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain relationships with assigned Department Chair/Program Directors to understand and clarify departmental expectations. Maintain current knowledge of all the degree and certificate programs.
- Work closely with the Vice President of Academics Office and Student Services to connect to academic support (e.g., tutoring, technical support, library services, etc).
- Complete other advising duties as required such as: track retention, authorize add/drops, and conduct degree audits. Keep advising statistics, work schedule and other reporting documents up-to-date.
Participate on committees as requested. Manage all aspects of recruiting efforts in order to meet stated recruitment goals.
- Study and thoroughly understand all of the academic programs being offered at the College. Be able to inform and counsel prospective students and families.
- Coordinate the scholarship process and effectively work with the financial aid office to maintain awards.
- Travel extensively throughout assigned areas, making contact with prospective students through career fairs, job fairs, and high school visits.
- Contact and follow-up with prospective students, applicants, and admitted students and/or parents via mail, phone, text and e-mail.
- Build relationships with parents, guidance counselors, and other internal and external constituents.
- Monitor and respond to student inquiries and student applications for admission.
- Utilize CRM and institutional software to assist in the tracking and monitoring of prospective students in order to maximize the best recruiting strategy.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with the high school counselors and community college counselors.
- Plan and coordinate on-campus visits, college tours, and other events and activities designed to make Presentation College a highly visible and respected institution of higher learning.
- Provide reports on recruiting and admissions activities to the Director of Admissions.
- Conduct other recruiting and admissions activities as directed by the Director of Admissions, such as registration days, visit days, group tours and various other campus events.
- Maintain and develop relationships with faculty and staff of the College.
- Work closely with admissions, financial aid staff and Nursing Department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Training
This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree.
Knowledge and Experience
Marketing, sales, or customer service experience preferred. Previous recruiting experience preferred. Word processing and database computer skills required. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. Travel required (potential evenings/overnights/weekends), a valid driver's license, and the ability to lift 10-15 pounds are required.
Ability to convey a professional manner, representing the College and its mission. Creatively, cooperatively, actively participate as an Admissions Team member, exhibiting team building and team communication skills. Excellent oral and written communications, interpersonal and public relations skills and marketing abilities. Be self-starting and have a passion for Presentation College, and exhibit a sense of urgency regarding team projects and goals. Demonstrate flexibility and ability to multi-task several projects. Ability to seasonally travel for recruiting and admissions responsibilities.
Working Conditions Normal temperature working environmentModerate to little amount of noise in the work environmentFriendly, teamwork type of work environmentSome evening and weekend work required
College Mission, Vision & Values
As part of the Presentation College Learning Community, you will be expected to play a role in supporting the legacy of the Presentation Sisters, in promoting the Mission, living the Core Values, and furthering the Vision.