Administrative Coordinator IAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Human Resources ManagementProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
- Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document, instead please email HR for help.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required upon acceptance of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the SUMMARY:
The Administrative Coordinator I, under primary supervision by the Senior Employee Benefits Representative with a dotted line to the Administrative 1-9 Coordinator, provides specialized support to the Total Rewards functional unit as well as acts as back-up services to the Information Center and Onboarding unit. Work involves assisting in the administration of human resources management programs and ensuring compliance with state and federal laws, System regulations and University policy. This position will be an advocate and active practitioner of the Office of Human Resources Mission Statement, Values, and Commitments.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compiles, prepares and maintains HR systems, files, and records related to activities that may assist with the analysis of human resources reports, but not limited to the following: GA discrepancy report, Biweekly Timesheet report, and Workday Benefit Reports.
- Provides backup to the Human Resources Information Center to answer telephones, greet customers and ascertain the nature of business in order to provide needed information or direct them to the appropriate person.
- Provide backup for the following: lnbox items in Workday, Retirement Process (TRS, ORP, and TDA's), Benefits Questions, NEO presentation, Candidate Meetings, Leave Process (FMLA, & Sick leave pool), and Worker's Comp.
- Prepares dependent documentation and uploads to HRConnect Legacy.
- Take the lead in handling in-person meetings for the GA Benefits Enrollment Process and GA promissory note.
- Provide support in handling the distribution of Wellness Events and keep calendar updated.
- Provide support for Open Enrollment.
- Provides assistance in assigning UIN's and staff CWID's for new employees.
- Review System & University Rules, Regulations, Policies and Procedures to ensure Compliance
- May assist with agenda preparation for meetings and retirement vendor presentations.
- May lead and participate in special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Two (2) years of related experience. Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal, planning and organizational skills. Detail oriented.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: none
- Physical Requirements: none
- Other Requirements: none
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree. Prior experience working with FAMIS, Workday, Canopy, FFX and/or Laserfische. Prior administrative experience in higher education.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
May supervise student workers and graduate assistants.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.