Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Psychology & Special EdProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
- Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document, instead please email HR for help.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required upon acceptance of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
If you need assistance, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu
The Department of Psychology and Special Education is seeking faculty for a Tenure Track position in Psychology with responsibilities in teaching, research, and service to the university and community. Teaching responsibilities will include a range of courses related to Educational Psychology. Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to overseeing student theses and dissertations. This position will begin Fall 2022.
Individuals must have a doctorate in Educational Psychology.
The position is a full-time, 9-month, tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor rank. Summer teaching is optional but not guaranteed. Faculty at Texas A & M University-Commerce are required to evidence teaching excellence, scholarly activity, work cooperatively with others, and contribute service to their discipline, the university, and the community.
Texas A&M University-Commerce offers more than 100 degrees at the undergraduate, master’s and doctoral levels to over 12,000 students. Located one-hour East from downtown Dallas, Commerce is a community with a rich combination of local music, festivals and other unique entertainment. Texas A&M University Commerce is actively working towards Hispanic Serving Institution status in order to better serve this fastest-growing demographic group of the state and region.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide teaching excellence to undergraduate and graduate students;
- Engage in scholarly activities;
- Advise students in research;
- Deliver instruction both online and on any of the university campuses. Instructional duties may include teaching during the day or in the evening;
- Provide service to the department, college, university and public schools, and community; and
- Maintain knowledge of best practices in teaching and technological applications in the classroom.
Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus the candidate should facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. The candidate should have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity.
- Education: Doctorate in Educational Psychology. Candidates that are ABD will be considered but degree must be conferred on or before August 1st for Fall appointments.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Scholarly publication record. Commitment to high quality teaching.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Record of research and publication at national/international level.
- University teaching experience. Online teaching experience.
- Experience or ability to pursue funded research.
- Commitment to diversity and working in multicultural contexts.
- Ability to teach courses in statistics and research methods.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Supervision of graduate assistants, research assistants, and thesis and doctoral advisees.
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of 3 References
- Teaching Statement
- Research Statement
- Diversity Statement
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.