General Maintenance Tech III – Electrical Specialist Tracking Code861-280Job Description
Primary Purpose: Provide customer service by performing maintenance and Installation in the areas of electrical, carpentry, painting, dry wall, concrete work, and plumbing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repairs and replaces electrical fixtures and components such as light fixtures, ballasts, bulbs, motors, breakers, new services and switches.
- Observes and adheres to all electrical safety practices.
- Oversees Electrical and general maintenance trade work for both Gulfport and Tampa campuses as assigned.
- Plumbing - Maintains, repairs, and replaces plumbing fixtures.
- Mechanically and chemically clears drains above and below surface; includes excavation duties as required.
- Appliances - Replaces appliances and makes minor repairs.
- HVAC - Performs minor HVAC repairs and filter replacement.
- Painting - Paints all surfaces using hand and power application.
- Carpentry - Performs all carpentry related tasks.
- Masonry - Performs all masonry/concrete related tasks.
- Shop - Services and repairs shop tools and equipment.
- Reports any needed equipment repair or unsafe conditions.
- Maintains a collaborative work environment and works well with others.
- Must be able to participate in an on-call rotation and occasionally work weekends and off hours as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalency required. Requires 2-5 years’ experience in maintenance with the skill to work independently on all crafts with knowledge of commonly used practices and procedures. Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the University community. Knowledge of the operating techniques of various machinery and tools associated with grounds, custodial and general maintenance preferred. Must be able to initiate, understand and follow through with oral and written instructions. Regular attendance is required. Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs. Valid Florida driver’s license, required. Subject to on-call status as needed or on-call status/recall in the event of emergencies or natural disasters affecting the College of Law. Works to build an environment that promotes and facilitates the success of Diversity and Inclusive Excellence.
Proof of completed COVID-19 Vaccination Required
Job LocationGulfport, Florida, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular