External Applicants: Please upload your resume on the Apply screen. Your application will automatically populate your resume details, and you may verify and update data on the My Information page.
Please add your cover letter and any other documents required for the position to the Resume/CV document upload section at the bottom of the My Experience application page. Use the Select Files button to add multiple documents including your cover letter and supporting documents. The My Experience page is the only opportunity to add your cover letter and supporting document attachments. You will not be able to modify your application after you submit it.
Current Employees: Apply from your existing Workday account. Do not apply from the website. Log in to Workday. Click on the Career Worklet and select Find Jobs. Locate the position and click Apply. Update your Education and Job History.
** Cover letter required for all positions and optional for facilities, campus services, and hospitality positions unless otherwise specified.Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for successfully promoting the identity of Wake Forest Law School as a leader in legal education with a dynamic and collegial environment and progressive vision. The incumbent will create and implement local, national, and global marketing strategies and develop material for specific Academic Programs, the Dean, and the Law School at large. He/she will build and promote a consistent brand across multiple law school programs, and execute campaigns that appeal to various constituencies, including prospective and current students, Faculty and Staff, alumni, Board members, and employers. While developing a profile and voice among external audiences, a successful candidate will build systems for evaluating the marketing strategy success and adjust directions and plans to keep up with a fast-paced market.Job Description
This position is responsible for successfully promoting the identity of Wake Forest Law School as a leader in legal education with a dynamic and collegial environment and progressive vision. The incumbent will create and implement local, national, and global marketing strategies and develop material for specific Academic Programs, the Dean, and the Law School at large. He/she will build and promote a consistent brand across multiple law school programs, and execute campaigns that appeal to various constituencies, including prospective and current students, Faculty and Staff, alumni, Board members, and employers. While developing a profile and voice among external audiences, a successful candidate will build systems for evaluating the marketing strategy success and adjust directions and plans to keep up with a fast-paced market.
This position is part of the communications team that reports to the Chief Administrative Officer. He/she will work very closely with the Dean of the Law School and internal departments on campus as well as external vendors and agencies. The incumbent will manage the budget for marketing and utilize resources effectively.
- A bachelor’s degree and six to eight years of related experience in marketing, analytics, and communications. Demonstrated ability to plan and execute a comprehensive marketing strategy and ability to clearly communicate complex legal topics to a range of stakeholders. Hands-on experience with search engine optimization and digital campaigns. Superior writing, editing, presentation and organizational skills. Telling a dynamic brand story is key. Strong collaboration, persuasion and consensus-building skills. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic environment. Experience in collaboration with other departments to strategize, create and execute marketing campaigns or recruitment plans.
Proficiency with analytics software, digital tracking tools, and Google analytics. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite products such as Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro, and Spark, social media scheduling software, or web-based design tools such as Canva are desired.
Preferred master’s degree in communications, public relations or related degree. Previous experience in higher education or private institution.
- Craft big picture strategies and lead school wide marketing campaigns.
- Develop and implement marketing plans that advance the Law Schools short and long-term plans.
- Work with subject matter experts to distill key benefits into marketing messages.
- Develop and execute on multi-channel market strategies and campaigns including email, retargeting, search and social to drive qualified leads.
- Translate broader brand visions into highly effective and efficient consumer experience strategies, goals, and operating plans.
- Proactively evaluate, develop, test, and nurture new consumer experience capabilities that support a transformative agenda.
- Review market data and volume potential and target consumer populations. Develop sales pitch based off proposed targets.
- Discover new opportunities for product growth through analysis of market trends.
- Analyze, forecast, and control expenditures for marketing to meet budgetary requirements and customer expectations.
Media and Design
- Design digital initiatives and web assets. Set priorities and monitor progress.
- Champion innovation and change while advancing a data-driven, insight led, digital culture of continuous optimization and growth throughout the program and across departments.
- Represent the School of Law as a content manager on messaging to external audiences, while advising Dean on these interactions. These communications include but are not limited to, composing official letters, email messages, and creating presentations.
- Focus on the generation of programmatic interest.
- Use cutting edge digital and social media marketing and communication techniques to engage new and current audiences.
- Design social media graphics, email marketing, and some marketing collateral.
- Execute programmatic initiatives that resonate with relevant audiences and establish the Law School as a leader of legal education.
- Understand dynamic programming needs and develop marketing and recruitment plans to support the School’s business objectives.
- Help to bring new learning experiences to different populations by leveraging our legal experience and broader internal learnings.
- Initiate collaboration with colleagues to exchange and share knowledge, best practices and opportunities for marketing improvement.
- Clearly communicate initiatives to attract talented students from diverse pools. This includes, but is not limited to, assistance with marketing e-mails, print pieces, program booklets, postcards, handouts, web presence and digital campaigns.
- Maintain a pulse on competitor activity and industry trends and standards.
Additional Job Description
- Responsible for managing 2.5 team members, conducting feedback sessions, and making decisions about workload and performance improvement.
- May perform additional or other work as assigned.
In an effort to protect the health and safety of the campus community, all faculty and staff positions, excluding staff who perform duties exclusively at Graylyn Conference Center, are required to be fully vaccinated with an FDA approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine prior to their hire date. Once hired, faculty and staff must maintain full COVID-19 vaccination status throughout their employment at Wake Forest University. Faculty and staff with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs that preclude vaccination should contact Human Resources to request a reasonable accommodation.Time Type Requirement
Full timeNote to Applicant:
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.