Strategic Business Systems Analyst
The Office of Entrepreneurship and Commercialization is seeking a Strategic Business Systems Analyst to oversee the management, maintenance, enhancement, and support of critical software systems including Salesforce and Workfront. This position will provide database support for startup programs and statewide events including but not limited to Startup Leadership Network, NSF I-Corps Site, the Invent Penn State Venture & IP Conference, the LaunchBox and Innovation Hub Network (comprised of 21-location data), and the Invent Penn State Toolbox and the IP, Startup and Resource Navigators. The work of this individual will help accurately showcase the economic development impact of programs and events to support the University's entrepreneurship and innovation activity across Pennsylvania.
This position will support the strategic planning efforts of the unit and regularly interface with stakeholders across University and Commonwealth communities. This position will manage and direct efforts to enhance existing systems, troubleshoot and resolve complex system issues, deliver training and guidance, and develop and maintain system documentation. This position will also prepare robust reports to enhance strategic business decisions that affect program and event management and marketing and communications activities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of business systems
- Administer, monitor, and maintain applications in accordance with area standards
- Provide customer service and functional support to end-users in area of expertise; work to diagnose, review, and resolve incidents
- Serve as a liaison between technical staff and system users
- Collaborate in the preparation of technical reports, diagrams, workflow maps, or other visuals to facilitate enhanced system understanding
- Consult with users to identify business needs and requirements
- Contribute to the modification and configuration of systems to meet business needs and stakeholder requirements
- Update and maintain user accounts and manage various permissions
- Collaborate with vendor partners as needed, work with vendors on bug fixes
- Provide user training and demonstration of systems to internal users
- Create and manage documentation; maintain records of system changes and incidents
- Develop, produce, and optimize customized reports in response to user requirements
- Maintain familiarity with installed software standards and procedures
- Establish baseline key performance indicators (KPI) / metrics for systems monitoring in alignment with strategic planning efforts
- Lead portions of large tasks or projects; build and maintain project management skills
- Maintain awareness of accessibility, compliance, and security polices and guidelines
This position typically requires an Associate's degree or higher and and 2+ years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Salesforce Admin certification preferred.
This position will require successful completion of standard background checks.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusive excellence that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusive excellence as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/University-Park-Campus/Strategic-Business-Systems-Analyst_REQ_0000029242-1
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/
, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency