Maintenance Technician - Plant Ops Location:
Augusta University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Required Qualifications High School diploma, GED, or equivalent from a state or federal accrediting organization with three years of applicable maintenance experience; Must have a current valid driver's license to operate AU vehicles.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
- Setting equipment up correctly to meet customer's demand (such as the correct number of chillers, pumps, and cooling towers at Central Energy), the proper number of boilers on line in winter time, etc.
- Must make decisions concerning the need to call an on-call employee.
- Must plan and organize the use of materials and equipment to safely and properly troubleshoot and repair equipment or complete preventive maintenance work orders
Preferred Qualifications Five or more years of applicable maintenance experience
At least one year of Johnson Controls Metasys experience
Licensed Stationary EngineerResponsibilities The job duties include but are not limited to:
- Monitor equipment and systems using the Metasys facility management system. Respond to alarms and keep Operations Log. Operate equipment as needed (routine starting/stopping, system troubleshooting, and as required for shutdowns)
- Take equipment readings during assigned rounds
- Complete preventative maintenance work orders
- Perform equipment troubleshooting and repairs (this includes taking calls after normal hours as customers call in problems, including but not limited to resetting breakers, unclogging toilets, replacing boiler sight glass, etc.)
- Perform all other related tasks/duties as assigned
Job Summary Maintenance Technician monitors campus equipment and systems via the Metasys facility management system. This position operates campus equipment, takes readings on campus equipment, and maintains equipment and boiler/mechanical rooms for which Plant Operations is responsible(boilers, chillers, cooling towers, air compressors, vacuum pumps, heat exchangers, water pumps, chemical stations, AHUs, resetting breakers, plumbing issues, etc.) This is a critical personnel position; employees in this position are required to report to work even when campus is closed due to inclement weather, etc. Occasional overtime is required. Regular working hours for this position are from 7:00pm to 7:00am (12-hr. shifts) 4 days on/4 days off, but may be required to work a different shift temporarily to insure adequate coverage.Shift/Salary Shift: Days / M-F Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University. All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.
Driver's License Statement The Human Resources Division will request a driver's history report for the identified top candidate(s) for this position. We will initiate this through our Background Check Vendor; this report will come from the Department of Motor Vehicles. The selected candidate must have a valid driver’s license.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.