COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact [email protected] or [email protected].
Job no: 500260
Department: Ethics & Stdt Conflict Resolution
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Hourly Staff
Status: Full Time
Job Title:Administrative AssistantSalary/Grade:
Hours Per Week:
The Administrative Assistant in the Office of Community Standards works with the staff to ensure that students are addressed fairly, effectively, and efficiently in the University's student conduct process. The person in this role is responsible for confidential student records and communicates daily with various campus and community stakeholders. The position reports to and provides administrative support for the Director.
* Draft confidential letters, reports, memos and other written documents
* Provide high-level administrative support by maintaining, configuring, and analyzing confidential student record database (Maxient)
* Maintain confidential files regarding student's disciplinary records, expunged disciplinary files, and general files for the office
* Use Maxient student conduct database to enter information from reports received by the office
* Responsible for the publication of the Code of Student Conduct in hard copy each academic year
* Communicate enrollment information with the Registrar’s office
* Track completion of student disciplinary sanctions in Maxient and place/release registration holds, in Banner, as needed
* Maintain Banner security clearance in order to check student registrations, student status, class schedules, or to obtain parent information and access student academic records
* Manage business functions of office; review and discuss budget needs and expenditures with the director; Reconcile monthly Mastercard statement; Inventory office supplies and prepare requisitions
* Provide disciplinary background information in accordance with FERPA to graduate schools, employers, and other programs, as requested
* Provide students, faculty, staff, parents, lawyers, and advocates with information on policies and procedures related to student conduct
* Maintain director’s calendar
* Assist in the supervision, hiring and evaluation of student employees; approve student payroll through Kronos; develop and maintain the Student Employee's Handbook; coordinate a yearly training with all student employees
* Schedule and facilitate all travel requirements and needs
* Run query reports, as needed
* Independently performs complex and diverse administrative duties
* Other duties as assigned
Requires nine months of coursework or training beyond high school in Business Administration and three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and expertise
Experience with Maxient student conduct database
Experience working in a college or university environment
An earned Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit resume and cover letter.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected]
or 513-529-3560. As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html
, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.Labor Law Posters for Applicants:Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
, and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact [email protected] or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 29 Apr 2022 Eastern Daylight Time