University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
*This position is located in Colorado Springs, Colorado.*
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Hospital Medicine
Open Rank: Instructor, Senior Instructor, or Assistant Professor MD
Position #00796317– Requisition #25757
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:Anschutz: https://www.ucdenver.edu/docs/librariesprovider284/default-document-library/3000-general-admission/3012---covid-19-vaccination-requirement-and-compliance.pdf?sfvrsn=4e9df3ba_2
Exemptions vary by campus location/department. Campus/Unit-Specific Exemptions:
Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Department of Pediatrics, Section of Hospital Medicine has an opening for a full-time Open Rank: Instructor, Senior Instructor, or Assistant Professor MD position. Nature of Work:
Full time position in the Section of Pediatric Hospital Medicine. Clinical responsibilities would primarily take place at Children’s Hospital Colorado (CHCO) Colorado Springs campus. Some clinical time may also be in the Children’s Hospital of Colorado Network of Care and in the well-baby nurseries and NICU’s at community hospitals. The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a world-class medical destination at the forefront of transformative science, medicine, education and patient care. The campus encompasses the University of Colorado health professional schools, more than 60 centers and institutes, and two nationally ranked independent hospitals - UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital
and Children's Hospital Colorado
- that treat more than two million adult and pediatric patients each year. Innovative, interconnected and highly collaborative, the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus delivers life-changing treatments, patient care and professional training and conducts world-renowned research fueled by over $650 million in research grants. For more information, visit www.cuanschutz.edu
. Position Emphasis:
- Proctoring, supervising or teaching students, residents or trainees in a clinical setting.
- Care of pediatric patients admitted to general pediatric wards or observation units at the Children’s Hospital Colorado – Colorado Springs and its Network of Care.
- Care of well newborns and newborns admitted to Level 2 NICU.
- Routine newborn circumcision and lumbar puncture.
- Clinical coverage for a 1.0cFTE hospitalist position is 166 day-time shifts. The shift differential at night is 1.4 for 10-hour shifts, and 1.85 for 14-hour shifts. Shifts will be served on day service, overnight, swing, nursery, and tertiary care. The position should be expected to work at least 50% as a nocturnist. There will be some reasonable seasonal variation in the number of hours worked per week and the actual hours of necessary coverage.
- Providers are required to take up to three Jeopardy shifts on average each month. If called in on Jeopardy, full credit will be given as a shift worked and moonlighting pay will be given, or it will be deducted from your yearly clinal requirement. Your clinical hours will include major and minor holidays.
- Due to the multiple facilities within the CHCO NOC at which Hospitalist services are provided, you may be required to provide care at a site other than the usual site of practice. Notification of the need to provide care at an alternative site will be made as soon as possible. Orientation to a new site of practice will be provided by the site medical director or their designee.
- You are required to complete EPIC training to achieve proficiency in charting with the EMR. You will also comply with all CHCO and CU Medicine rules regarding timely and accurate documentation in the EPIC EMR.
- Practitioner is expected to comply with annual PRISM evaluation process.
- You will be expected to spend several days each month tending to non-clinical duties such as teaching, quality improvement/research and administrative obligations. Administrative responsibilities may include input into hospital and clinic systems, committee work and projects aimed at improving the hospital medicine service and clinical mission.
- Attendance and participation at the monthly staff meetings are required.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Salary and Benefits:
The salary range has been established at:
- Instructor: $148,000 - $160,000
- Senior Instructor: $155,000 - $163,900
- Assistant Professor: $160,000 - 173,800
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community, and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Minimum Qualifications:Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
Senior InstructorBC/BE in General Pediatrics or Pediatric Hospital Medicine.Completion of pediatric residency training and/or a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in general pediatrics or hospital medicine.Assistant Professor BC/BE in General Pediatrics or Pediatric Hospital Medicine.Completion of pediatric residency training and/or a minimum of 5-8 years of experience in general pediatrics or hospital medicine.Proven administrative experience in the field of pediatric hospital medicine.Conditions of Employment:
- BC/BE in General Pediatrics or Pediatric Hospital Medicine.
- Completion of pediatric residency training and/or a minimum of 0-3 years of experience in general pediatrics or hospital medicine.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Children’s Hospital Colorado.
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal background check.
- The applicant should be able to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to be well-organized and efficient in their work and be able to prioritize patient and system needs appropriately.
- The applicant should be highly committed to quality improvement, family centered care, and evidence-based practice.
- Proven administrative and leadership abilities.
- Excellent communication skills to interface with learners, faculty, health care teams, administrators, community organizations and donors.
- Experience in Hospital Medicine.
- Experience in newborn care and NICU.
- Sustained clinical experience in pediatric hospital medicine.
- Demonstrated leadership and accomplishments in complex organizational environments.
- Documented vision and success in building clinical programs.
Apr 29, 2022Unposting Date: